Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

article about mesothelioma for Sharon

Posted by marie on 9/23/03 at 20:08 (130841)

Sharon,

This is an article about mesothelioma.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/analysis/story/0,3604,1047754,00.html

marie

Re: article about mesothelioma for Sharon

Sharon W on 9/23/03 at 22:43 (130854)

Thanks, Marie; very interesting.

Sharon
:)

Re: My dad

BrianG on 9/25/03 at 16:30 (131017)

My dad died from Mesothelioma a few years ago. He had an even rarer form, cancer of the stomach lining. After talking with the oncologist, he could not determine how he was contaminated. My mom thinks it was in Europe during WWII, during all the bombing raids. Personally I have a different thoery. Kent filters had asbestos in the filters for the 1st two years that they were made. I can remember both my parents switching to Kents, because they were 'safer'. There have been some lawsuits against the cigarette maker, but none that I know of that were successful.

I still think the workers at the WTC pile, especially those first couple of days, are prime candidates, no matter what the NY Health Dept. thinks !!!

BrianG

Re: My dad

marie on 9/25/03 at 16:59 (131027)

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's always hard to loose a parent. Cigerettes have been the cause of a great deal of suffering in the world. I just want to shake my students when they start smoking. However if they are 18 they are free to make the choice. They have been educated about the hazards of smoking so it's up to them. I always tell them it's just fine with me if they smoke that way the non smokers will have more social security money available when they retire. It takes a minute for the message to register.

take care, marie