Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Condelectomi bilateral

Posted by Andra C. on 9/24/03 at 14:07 (130897)


I'm trying to do some research for my mom on a procedure that she is supposed to have done, but I believe that her doctor's secretary gave her the wrong spelling for the procedure. She said condelectomy however it may by condilectomy or condylectomy. It will be done on the big toe of both feet.

Anyone know what exactly the procedure is called and where I may get details?

Thank you,


Re: Condelectomi bilateral

Dr. Z on 9/24/03 at 20:00 (130938)

Cheilectomy. This is removal of bone on the top and sides of the big toe joint . It done to increase range of motion and to reduce the pain when bending the big toe joint.