Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by Al on 9/24/03 at 15:54 (130912)

What's the difference between the Dornier EPOS Ultra machine and the Ossatron machine. I am considering going to either the 'eswtusa.com' in the states or the 'pain-free eswt' in toronto (which is a lot cheaper) Anyone have experience with either of these organizations?

Re: ESWT

Dr. Z on 9/24/03 at 16:44 (130917)

go to the web site http://www.eswtusa.com and read the comparison between the dornier and the ossatron. There is a section on low vs high energy eswt treatments. I am the podiatric medical director for Excellence Shockwave Therapy Group.

Al on 9/25/03 at 12:32 (130988)

Thanks for the info. I read the descriptions, but can it never mentions Retrocalcaneal Bursitis. Can ESWT help me with this. I have had heel pain for 7 months now.

Al

Dr. Z on 9/25/03 at 14:01 (130999)

Yes it can. In chronic cases it is usually the achilles at the insertion causing what you refer to as retrocalcaneal bursitis

Al on 9/26/03 at 13:26 (131150)

Thanks Doctor.
By the way, Have you ever heard of Baxter's Neuritis? Do you know what this is? I can't find any info on this.
I have had several different diagnosis' by 3 different doctors and just wanted to make sure that ESWT would be effective since my insurance does not cover it.