Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for/about Dave R

Posted by BrianJ on 9/24/03 at 20:36 (130947)

If I remember correctly, Dave R had PF release surgery some months ago. Does anyone know how he's doing?

Re: Question for/about Dave R

dave r on 9/25/03 at 07:27 (130962)

Hi Brian, yes its been 8 months. I have to say that it certainly did help. I would say that 50% of my pain is gone. Im not sure that i will be getting anymore relief from it. Since the surgery my doctor thought that maybe i had pn or charco marie tooth disease. I have really high arches and an extremely tight heel cord. Anyhow I saw a nuerologist and he said that i dont have cmt or any nuerological problems. I am currently seeing an orthopedic surgeon. We are exploring other options. I would like to think that i would be an ideal candidate for a gastric recession. my range of motion is very limited. I havent been able to do any types of streching for the last 7 years. I feel that my tight achilles is the main reason for my trouble. So i am unsure if the ortho is going to release the rest of the fascia and do the gastric slide at the same time.
What has caused my achilles to become short or tight? Im not sure. Standing on concrete for 15 years with my knees locked certainly didnt help. When i first had this problem i had two cortizone shots in my heel and that was my downfall.I took a nose dive and havent recovered from it.
i still go through the daily routine of taping,and ice. I also wear a nightsplint. I dont take anymore nsaids since they have caused acid reflux problems. I do however take lexapro and 1500mg of nuerontin which does seem to get rid of any burning pain that i may get. So i hope that answers your question. How have you been doing?
Thanks for your concern...

BrianJ on 9/26/03 at 12:24 (131142)

Dave --

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear the surgery gave you some relief.

About two months ago, I increased my activity to see what would happen. It has made me feel much better in some ways (leg muscles better, less emotional depression, etc.), but my feet definitely hurt more when I do too much. I'm currently looking into RFL, which is a procedure used to deaden pain in certain pinpointed areas. This has helped Monte -- another poster here on the board -- quite a bit.

Other than that, I'm still waiting for the perfect 'cure,' just like the rest of us. Hope you have a good weekend.

dave r on 9/26/03 at 14:04 (131153)

Thanks Brian....i hope that you find your cure with RFl. I remeber when Monte had this done. I assume that he is doing well since he doesnt post here much anymore.

monte on 9/26/03 at 14:11 (131154)

Hi...I am sorry for not posting...been very busy trying to get disgusting tenants out of my house so that we can move into it. Anyway....been busy getting the house fixed up and working late at my job.

The RFL worked in the places that it was performed. I say that so that you know I still have other area of pain....like the arches and some areas of the heels.

The right foot responded better than the left. I am going to have it done again soon.

I am also trying to find out if Dr Z can try to use the Donier on me again...but at a lower setting to treat the arch bands.

I am still in pain....a little less..but still pain. I hurt bad when I over do it.

Still trying!!!

Monte

dave r on 9/29/03 at 07:58 (131612)

Glad your doing better Monte...Keep us informed on your progress...