Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Necee on 9/25/03 at 11:18 (130982)

Everyone is talking about 'Opinion Polls' right now. To be quite honest, those stupid polls should be ignored intirely!!! Everyone knows that it's just a guesstimation. People quite often give a different opinion when asked about their views on poiltics, etc, for the mere fact of throwing the other side off. Trust me, it happens, and those opinions should never be taken seriously. I know that many of you will disagree with me on this one.....but, its true.

Happy trails.....

Re: ~~~Polls~~~

Angie on 9/25/03 at 16:33 (131018)

Hi Necee,

Polls are meaningless unless you have the information that explains how the polls were taken etc. As we all know statistics can be skewed many different ways. There are opinion polls and there are the gallop polls which do have some credence to them.

I remember it wasn't that long ago that some folks here were using polls to justify their beliefs. Unfortunately sometimes polls don't coincide with our beliefs and that bugs us. So it becomes convinient to discount them when they don't agree with our beliefs.

Has anyone here ever been polled? I have been once some years ago. I still prefer to get my information from several sources and I have always taken polls to be just what they are a random sampling.

Re: the message above is from marie....oops.

marie on 9/25/03 at 16:35 (131019)

I am not good at this seceret agent stuff. As you can see I stink at changing my name and pretending to be someone else. It's that darned Neurontin.

Bonnie on 9/25/03 at 17:18 (131032)

Hi Marie,Why do you sometimes post by a different name? And do you take neurontin for foot problems? if so what? and does it help? Thanks, Bonnie

marie on 9/25/03 at 19:22 (131047)

Hi Bonnie,

I was playing a game a few posts back. I signed on as Angie (secret agent angieB-)) but I of course revealed that it was me in cognito. Just goofing around. I always forget to change my name back to marie....

Yes I take neurontin for my feet. It is an epilepsy medication that just a few months ago was approved for nerve pain. I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and PF. I take 300 mg of neurontin 3 times a day. Most of us have noticed that we are a little spaceier since we've been on it. Plus I finally have something I can blame all of my blunders on. It's what keeps me standing up along with a host of vitamins and a small dose of elavil. I was in a scooter a year ago. That's when I got serious about my health. I was fortunate enought o find this board. The help and support I got was...unbelievable. When I came here I could only take a few steps at a time. You have just started to get to know some of these truely wonderful and giving people. I don't honestly know how I could have done it without them. I was tested for everything..they found some small white spots on my MRI and so I had to be evaluated for Multiple Sclerosis. After alot of testing they found that I have had some mini strokes thatprobably didn't help the situation. I went to work on my health and stretched and exercised and took my vitamins and medicine all winter. I walked two miles in the MS walk last spring. These folks walked with me in my heart and are part of who I am today...even if some of them are conservatives.:) Unfortunately a few of those folks won't be back...to many hurtful political moments. I wish you could meet them. Their knowledge was unbelievably helpful to all of us. Well now I have a tear in my eye so I better stop here.

best wishes Bonnie....and welcome to the board!