Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My Foot pain

Posted by Cathy O on 9/26/03 at 12:37 (131144)

I am a 40 year old stay at home Mom and I am usually active. My feet have been bothering me for several months now, but I have no health insurance and can't afford to go see a Doctor. My feet feel stiff and ache most of the time especially my heels. When I wake up in the morning I can hardly walk they hurt so bad. If I accidentially step on one of my sons toys it is extremley painful. I have already purchased comfortable shoes and take ibuprofen dailey. It helps a little but I wanted to know if there is anything else you can suggest that I do. I'm really tired of living in constant foot pain. I guess I should also tell you that I have put on weight recently and I wonder if that is contributing to the pain. Can you PLEASE tell me what I can do to cure this. PLEASE HELP! Thank you, Cathy

Re: My Foot pain

Steve G on 9/26/03 at 18:16 (131187)

Cathy - read the heel pain book on this site to explore all of the treatment options. If, after reading it, you have any questions let us know.

Re: My Foot pain

BrianG on 9/27/03 at 19:26 (131333)

Hi Cathy O,

Did you know that most large drug companies give away free meds to needy people? You will need a doctor, as the go between, perhaps you could find one with some compassion that would help you, pro bono. All they have to do is sign (and send in) the form that you send for, and then fill out. Go to any search engine, and type in: 'needy meds'
There is a Needy Meds website, but they charge $ for their advice. You can do all the work yourself, to save that fee.

Good luck
BrianG, not a doc