Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BILATERAL NERVE ENTRAPMENT

Posted by JEANNE on 9/27/03 at 10:23 (131222)

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME. I HAVE HAD 3 6WEEK SESSIONS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY. NEURONTIN WAS TRIED AND I HAD A REACTION TO IT . DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A NERVE MEDICINE THAT WORKS. I AM TRYING TO AVOID HAVING SURGERY I WORK AS AN X-RAY TECH. AND AM ON MY FEET TWENTY FOUR SEVEN. NEXT WEEK I AM GOING FOR MY 3RD DOCTORS OPINION. THIS DOCTOR PERFORMS A NEW TECHNIQUE CALLED SHOCK WAVE THERAPY WHICH WAS RECENTLY APPROVED BY THE FDA. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS.

Re: BILATERAL NERVE ENTRAPMENT

Dr. Z on 9/27/03 at 15:09 (131256)

If you have TTS then ESWT ( shockwave therapy) won't help you. ESWT is used for chronic insertional plantar fasciitis. I would see pain managment and look into epidural injections. I will even try local posterior tibial nerve block with local steriod mixture.

wendyn on 9/28/03 at 08:19 (131411)

Jeanne - ESWT the shock wave therapy is usually not used on TTS (from what I know)

marie on 9/28/03 at 19:43 (131588)

Jeanne,

Before you submit to any treatment ask your doctor how many TTS patients he/she has treated successfully. It's important that you see someone who is knowledgable or at least willing to research TTS.

best wishes marie

lara on 9/30/03 at 08:40 (131726)

I just responded to someone else on this same subject. Before surgery, I'd try compression socks (worked wonders for me - doesn't for everyone but easy & inexpensive to try, and easily reversible if it doesn't work -you just take the socks off).