Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RE: Achillies Tendon

Posted by Kathryn P. on 9/27/03 at 11:22 (131226)

Yes, it was original orthopedic surgeon who messed up. He did not look at x-rays he just went by word of mouth, and sent me to therapy. As my foot worsened he got an MRI done and found I had a complete rupture of achillies tendon. After surgery was performed he told us there was no tendon left (we don't know where it went) he had to attach it to a small muscle. And the statute of limitations ran out so everytime I tried to contact attorneys, they said I NEED PROOF. How is a patient to get proof? No doctor is going to say ortho pod screwed up. The last doctor who saw me said first doctor did mess up and could have fixed it. He left the room then came back in and his whole attitude changed. I have to live with this for the rest of my life. My foot and leg are in constant pain and swollen. Nothing takes away the pain and water pills doesn't take away the edema. There is a huge malpractice issue here is PA. They had a rally in Harrisburg. Top orthopedic surgeon left Pa and went to Calif. The partners are trying to drum up business, even tho one partner was sued twice for malpractice and botching up.

We never heard of gastrocnemius recession, heck I can't even pronounce it. I know it is to late for my foot and leg. 11 doctors say nothing can be done or just don't want bothered. But I still have to know if leg and arch cramps can cause blood clots. We heard yes. Do you know?

If you need to know anything else please ask.

Kathryn P.

Re: RE: Achillies Tendon

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/27/03 at 11:56 (131229)

Kathryn:
You need to see a doctor with an adequate level of expertise. Consider Dr. Guido LaPorta of the Pittsburgh area or Dr. Kieran Mahan of Philadelphia.
Ed

Re: RE: Achillies Tendon/ blood clots

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/27/03 at 11:57 (131230)

Calf and arch cramps, unto themselves, do not result in blood clots.
Ed

Kathryn P. on 9/27/03 at 14:29 (131249)

Ed, thank you for your answer to my question about blood clots. I needed to know. Dad used to get leg cramps which resulted in blood clots. He is no longer with us. Not because of the clots. We were made to believe if you get a leg cramp and message it you will get clots, several people told us that. Thanks.

My PCP doesn't want to give me referrals anymore, but he will. There are 2 new doctors in our county, maybe I can see one of them. Again thank you for your help. A physical therpist recommended a sympathic therapy system. My last doctor wrote a prescription for one them turned around and wouldn't give my HMO the okay and any information they needed so I could get one. That orthopedic surgeon is an a--hole. I have found out a lot from you. Bye.

Kathryn P.

Re: RE: Achillies Tendon

Dr. Z on 9/27/03 at 18:45 (131320)

I though Dr. Laporta was in Scranton, Pa?? I have a doctor who is excellent when it comes to these types of problems. His name is Dr. Frank Tursi, just outside of Phialdephia if that helps you.

CAROL B on 9/27/03 at 22:40 (131364)

:-S ABOUT MY RIGHT ANCKLE. CURRENTLY IN MY 9TH MO. GETTING READY TO HAVE MY 1ST BABY AT AGE 33. MY ANCKLE FEEL LIKE A BAD PULL OR FIRE SOME TIMES. MY GRAND PARENT SUFFERS WITH GOUT. I HAVE LARGE LEGS AND MY CURRENT WT IS 190LBS. COULD YOU PIN POINT MY PROBLEM? p.s. I DON'T EAT EXTRA SALT ON ANY FOOD.THE LATERAL SIDE OF RIGHT FOOT. THERE IS A PULSESATING VEIN EXPOSED. PLEASE HIT ME BACK ON MY E-MAIL.
(email removed)

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
CAROLYN

Kathryn P. on 9/28/03 at 14:35 (131544)

carol. I have no clue about your problem. I'm on here to find out things for myself. Contact your doctor. P.S. I'm beyond that stage. Try posting a message of your own these people will get back to you if they can help.
Good Luck.