Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

for Peter R, Scott's edict

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 9/27/03 at 13:40 (131240)

Peter:

When making chocolate chip cookies, how much sugar goes into the batch when you want to make a dozen?

Ed

Re: for Peter R, Scott's edict

R C on 9/27/03 at 14:12 (131245)

A releated question for anybody. I got the chewy chocolate chip cookie from the show 'Good Eats' hosted by Alton Brown. I've made three whole batches of it, but they do not turn out chewy. Rather, they are crumbly. And instead of being flat and cookie shaped, they are dome shaped (i.e, shaped more like the number 20 ice cream scoop I use per the instructions). Oven temperature seems to be all right. Butter is melted, as required. The baking soda/powder is new. I can't think of anything else that might have gone wrong. For the love of God, would someone please help!!!!

(By 'God', of course, I mean any non-specific supreme being, or collection thereof, or suitable vague pantheistic benevolence, for those non-believers.)

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/27/03 at 14:15 (131246)

RC:
ScottR didn't have an edict against discussing religion so you are okay.
Ed

Kathy G on 9/27/03 at 16:43 (131277)

It sounds to me like the flour amount might be off. Perhaps the actual recipe you have is wrong. I've heard of shows, websites or magazines printing recipes incorrectly. How frustrating for you!

Peter R on 9/27/03 at 16:44 (131278)

Is there an edict aginst discussing Scott R ?
To RC: You have just discovered that life is not a box of chocolate chip cookies.

Re: space -- the final frontier

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/27/03 at 17:01 (131285)

Peter:

I don't think that there is an edict to discussing ScottR, but remember that he is the man with his finger on the 'delete' button.

Peter, how big of an issue is space for posts? Perhaps we can all chip in if Scott needs to buy more online storage space. But remember, if only the conservatives chip in, we can then complain if it gets filled up with content we don't like. Then again, the very nature of being a conservative may keep us from doing that.
Ed

John H on 9/27/03 at 17:40 (131302)

Scott and others: Scott you have always been one to not limit speech except for the be nice rule. I also get tired of political discussions but that does not mean I would want them eliminated. Once we sart limiting discussions just where do we stop. Is religion ok? Is Liberalism and Conservatism ok? From time to time since the social board was first created we have had very heated differences not just over politics but many other subjects. I think it is mistake to limit discussions of any sort. I think even the ACLU, who I do not like, would not agree on this. The Social Board I thought was a place we could discuss anything that did not fit on the medical boards. I disagree with some posters on many issues but would never limit their subjects. In this country we allow such groups as the KKK and other wild groups to speak out. I do not like most of Peter's post but I defend his right to post as that is what freedom of speech and our Constitution is about. His post may offend you and me but who do we kick off the board next. In the past most of the people who have posted here who created a lot of bad feelings generally left when they were ignored. I fear the social board is about to become a very dull place, a sort of 'Animal Farm' if you will. I also recognize this is Scott's board and his right to limit post as he sees fit and I am one to follow the rules.

Dr. Z on 9/27/03 at 18:42 (131318)

I agree John . The posters will say what they want, we will read what we want and in the end nothing is really that important. I recognize this as this being Scott's board but just like my practice it wouldn't be my practice without any patients. I am willing to bet that we will discuss politics within one week.

Re: space -- the final frontier

BGCPed on 9/27/03 at 22:53 (131369)

AH AH AH DR Ed you know the drill. Conservatives pay for it but dont get any say in who runs it