Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Scott R. and the Site Monitors:. Re. Julius

Posted by Dorothy on 9/28/03 at 02:00 (131395)

I don't know the origin of the apparent conflict between the new (to me anyway) poster Julius and Carole C., but Julius is posting material that can only be described as provocative and political - in the worst sense. Julius directs this material at one Carole C. Maybe I am misunderstanding what is going on with him or between them, but these posts and links are troublesome. Why are these not being deleted? or banned? or what is it you plan to do with material of this sort? Do you consider this more benign than Dr. Ed's stuff??

Re: To Scott R. and the Site Monitors:. Re. Julius

Carole C in NOLA on 9/28/03 at 08:37 (131418)

Dorothy, there is nothing going on between Julius and me that is not in the threads today and yesterday... I never heard of him. His post is clear out of the blue, attacking what he assumes are my politics (which I have not elaborated on, on this board).

ScottR or maybe it is Scott R, would you consider not only deleting Julius's post to me, but also possibly banning Julius's IP address? I've never heard of this poster before, and if this is his debut on the board then I don't think he has much to contribute but hatred, meanness, and discord.

Thank you.

Carole

John H on 9/28/03 at 09:42 (131426)

Carole: Julius is probably another one of those people who just surf in and out to create trouble. I would not give him a second thought. He can probably type faster than anyone can censor. We would all do well to not let some of these floaters who drop in get our goat. That is exactly what they want.

marie on 9/28/03 at 10:10 (131431)

John,

Scott's one guideline on this board is to 'be nice'. I feel it is up to the moderators to determine if a post is following that simple guideline. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech as it has to do with civility. I want to point out that I was once told that Peter and Ultra were teenagers off for the summer and here just to create trouble. Well we all know that wasn't true. If the moderators choose not to delete then they need to re-evaluate why they accepted the job.

This site is public but it's Scott's site and he sets the rules. I teach in a public school but freedom of speech is not allowed when it is disruptive and disrespectful. A few of my eighth grade girls found that out last week when they had to write 100 times 'I will be respectful to the teacher and my classmates'. If I ignore the problem and allow kids to say whatever they wish, I can tell you that it will only get worse. Now I can't make HAHA, Julius, Ultra or Peter behave civilly on this board but Scott can and he chose moderators to help him do that. Ignoring a problem only makes it fester as we have seen here in the last day or two. I respectfully submit my opinion and hope that you will understand.

Carol didn't deserve that kind of treatment and neither did Dr. Ed in the last few posts.

respectfully, marie

Sharon W on 9/28/03 at 10:45 (131440)

I afree totally. I hope ScottR will decide to delete the post, above, and perhaps to block 'Julius', whoever he/she is, from posting again. For all I know, 'Julius' and 'HA HA' may both be the same opportunistic verbal sniper taking advantage of the current chaos here and of the fact that it IS possible to post anonymously.

Sharon
x-(

JudyS on 9/28/03 at 10:50 (131442)

Dorothy, the recent posts from 'Julius' have been deleted. You might still see their title, but they are gone.

Sharon W on 9/28/03 at 10:51 (131443)

OH! My mistake! It looks like that post has just been deleted! Thank you, whoever did it!

Sharon
:)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/28/03 at 10:55 (131446)

Good - - In that case, it won't be a problem to anyone if/when Scott decides to ban his IP address from the board, which shouldn't take as long as your post took to make. Of course, if he is a regular using an assumed name then it could be a problem (to some people).

Carole

Carole C in NOLA on 9/28/03 at 10:56 (131447)

Thank you, Judy.

Carole C

Re: For JulyS

Sharon W on 9/28/03 at 10:59 (131448)

By the way July while you are deleting would you please delete my request to delete HA HA's post about Dr. Ed? I quoted his post, giving the number... that's how Scott said to do it, at one point... but I really don't like leaving the quote of his ugly words there.

Please? I can't delete it myself.

Sharon

Re: My typo -- that should have been Judy S

Sharon W on 9/28/03 at 11:02 (131451)

:'>