Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CPED in Northern Colorado??

Posted by Molly H on 9/29/03 at 10:35 (131622)

Hi, I am looking for a CPED in the Ft. Collins, Loveland, Greeley area. Denver and Boulder would be ok too but, Ft. Collins would be my first choice. I looked in the yellow pages and could not find anything. Can any of you CPED's help me?

Thanks!

Molly

Re: CPED in Northern Colorado??

Richard, C.Ped on 9/29/03 at 13:48 (131637)

I did a C.Ped search and this is the only one for Fort Collins that came up. I have been to Ft. Collins...it is very nice out there.
Richard

C.Ped. Name: Mr. Kurt R. Reschenberg
Company: Orthotic Prosthetic Solutions
Address: 1015 Robertson
Ft. Collins, CO 80524
United States (USA)
Phone: 970-484-8388
Fax: 970-419-8870
Professional Affiliation: PT, C.PED.
E-Mail: (email removed)

Molly H on 9/30/03 at 19:55 (131792)

Thanks Richard!
I made an appointment for this Thursday. How do I know if he's good? Also,is there a particular kind of material for orthotics you recommend? I had hard plastic now I have semi-rigid. I WAS a competitive runner and hope to be again in the future.
THANKS!

Molly

Richard, C.Ped on 10/02/03 at 08:15 (131925)

I am a strong believer in EVA material. Some will disagree, saying that it can not make a proper functional orthosis...but I strongly disagree with that. As to what the C.Ped uses that you are going to see, its hard to say.

Check cost as well if your insurance covers the orthotics. Also, if insurance does cover, see if you have met deductibles. Make sure you ask if they are in your insurance network. Most in network copayments are 20% of the allowed cost. Out of network can be 30% - 50% coverage. If they are in network, they are not allowed to charge more than what the insurance allows. Find out what you have to pay up front.

If everything sounds good to you, and you start the casting process, keep this in mind. If they take an impression of your foot using a foam box or anything similar, make sure you are seated. Do not let them even try to take your impression standing. I also do not like a walk across scanning system to take foot impressions. Some people also swear by the system where these 'pins' rise up to the shape of your foot, but I don't like that either. There really is not enough 'pins' to give an accurate topography of your foot.

Make sure you try to remember what they tell you so if you have any questions, you can let us know.

Good luck!!!
Richard

Molly H on 10/02/03 at 22:57 (132028)

Hi Richard,
Thanks for all the info! I read this right before my appointment this am so, it was great timing. Kurt (the CPED) seemed very knowlegable. He used a foam box for impressions (while I was seated) He checked out how I walked, stood, how I stand on one leg etc. He found that my big toe and second toe on my right foot don't line up and he thought that could be pulling on my PF. (BUT I DO HAVE BI-LATERAL PF)Oh, and my left foot pronates more than my right. Anyway, he said he could make a full length orthotic (right now I have 3/4 length)which could help this problem of the toe joints not lining up. He called this something but, I forgot what. He said he would make a semi-rigid kind with cushion in the heel and a cork base??????? Hopefully, this is ok???

Thanks!

Molly

Richard. C.Ped on 10/07/03 at 08:28 (132569)

Sounds ok. I don't use cork anymore because in my opinion, it holds in moisture and smells more than EVA. I also don't think it hold up as well over a long period of time...but again...thats my opinion. ;)

Good luck! keep me informed!!
Richard