Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts surgery!

Posted by boaz on 9/29/03 at 12:21 (131628)

hello dr!
i'm 21 years old and suffering tts on my left leg for 4 painful years.
at the EMG test it looks like a very big problem with the nerve.
my dr offered me a surgery, but told me that the healing period will be not so long as i can read at the board from patients who had the surgery.

can you tell me how effective is the surgery?
should i do it with such a low success rate?
how long will it take me to be able to walk again?

thank you. you don't know how important your answers are.
boaz.

Re: tts surgery!

Dr. Z on 9/29/03 at 12:34 (131629)

That it. No non-surgical treatments. The surgery can be long and painful with recovery. There are many treatments that can resolve your pain without pain.

boaz on 9/29/03 at 12:59 (131633)

thank you for the quick answer, but i didn't understand if you are recommending the surgery, and didn't understand how long can you astimate my healing will take? after how many days will i be able to move from one place to an other? thanks again, boaz.

Dr. Z on 9/29/03 at 15:37 (131650)

. I am not recommending TTS surgery at this stage. There are plenty of treatments that can be effective before undergoing any type of foot surgery. Read the heel pain book on this site. Do some searching on the TTS search engine

john king on 9/29/03 at 16:12 (131655)

I had rotator cuff surgery four months ago. This is a much less risky surgery than TTS surgery. My shoulder hurts like hell and I may have to go under the knife again. Think long and hard before you let them go cutting nerves and soft tissue in your feet. You are young. I would try everything before I chose surgery on my nerves.

john king