Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

treatments

Posted by Pete on 10/02/03 at 07:42 (131921)

I am curious as to the course of treatment for plantar fasciitis. I have had pain in both feet for over a year. I have been treated for it for almost 9 months now, with no relief. I have gained 90 lbs because of my inability to exercise properly. Is there a surgical way to fix this once and for all?

Re: treatments

john king on 10/02/03 at 10:18 (131937)

Pete

I am not a doctor but I have suffered foot pain for years. If there was a surgical treatment that had better than a 50/50 chance of success I would take it in a minute. But I don't think there is and the doctors on this list are not gung ho on surgery either. At least that is my impression. My feet are throbbing right now, and I wish there was a quick treatment that was risk free. This is just my opinion.

john king

Joe baxter on 10/02/03 at 15:49 (131967)

Hey pete are you some kind of dip-stick or what? Take you your-self and this matter to a clinic at once, I for one happen to have problems of my own other then to read your silly messages with your nervious tye of sytoms,,,,,,,,

Re: Scott R or moderator

marie on 10/02/03 at 16:33 (131973)

The post above is inappropriate. Please consider removing it. Joe has a post on the heelspurs message board too.

marie

john carl on 10/02/03 at 17:25 (131982)

PETE,

I HAVE PF IN MY LEFT FOOT, AND WHAT HELPED ME WAS ICING THE HELL OUT OF IT.

I HAVE A MOLDABLE GEL ICE PACK THAT IS JUST ABOUT THE SIZE OF MY FOOT AND

I PLACE MY FOOT ON IT FOR TEN MINUTES/ 3X A DAY. IT WON'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT

BUT YOU SHOULD SEE RELIEF IF YOU KEEP IT UP.

Tessa D. on 10/03/03 at 00:37 (132033)

Hi Pete,
I know your pain all too well! I have plantar fasciitis along with tarsal tunnel syndrome and Os trigonum syndrome<---(extra bone on my inner ankle joint). I had surgery to correct these issues 5 months ago.The surgical procedure is called a Plantar fasciotomy or fasia release. My deep fasia was released and 3rd of my plantar fascia was incised. I wish I could say that it helped me. For some people this surgery works, for myself I'm not so sure now. My arch burns more now and is very sore and tender. At times I feel like I'm walking on rocks. I do agree icing your foot really does bring ALOT of releif. Also maybe your doc could try an anti-inflamatory, like Naproxen? I wish you the best of luck with your sore feet. Oh, I also gently massage my foot every night, it seems to help!