Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Treatments

Posted by Lily Rose K on 10/02/03 at 12:25 (131949)

Hey! Yesterday my family doctor informed me I have this condition. I cannot get in to see a foot doctor for a month. Since I cannot take antiinflamatory meds or have any steroids, is anyone treating with alternative meds and what??? All I have worn for 30 years are Birkenstocks. HELP!!!

Re: Treatments

SteveG on 10/02/03 at 17:47 (131988)

Lily Rose - take a look at the heel pain book on this site to ensure that you are taking advantage of all the treatment options. If you have any questions after you read the book, ask 'em. I don't know of any other medications other than the ones you mentioned (at least none that have any real support).

marie on 10/02/03 at 17:53 (131991)

You may consider compression socks. You didn't mention exactly what you have been dx with. PF, TTS, or something else?

marie

Lily Rose K on 10/03/03 at 12:31 (132070)

Thanks Marie and Steve G. My family doc said it's PF. I know there has to be an alternative way to treat this condition without steroids and drugs.

Last Thursday night, my feet were so painful I was in tears. That's why I finally made a doc appt. By Friday night, they were ok and I went dancing for 3 hours and had NO pain! I just got an email from a message friend who says the calves have a lot to do with this condition and to use them! She said that's why I wasn't in pain after dancing, because the claves were relaxed. I use to go dancing every week and walk every day. I've stopped going dancing for one reason or another and my walks were stopped because of the heat....hense, not much exercise....more pain. Do any of you find this to be true too?

This condition has come upon me in the last few months and gotten worse daily, weekly. My scarry question is....does this condition just keep getting worse? Right now, I have nasty morning pain and then it is off and on pain. Does this reach the place where the pain is constant? What a horrible thought!!!

You'll are the only folks I can ask question of and if you're living with this, you have the answers!

HilaryG on 10/03/03 at 13:44 (132074)

You also might consider Active Release Techniques. It is the only thing that helped me. You can do a search of the Message Boards using the term 'active release' to learn about it. Hilary