Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

INFLMATION TO THE POSTERIOR TIBIAL NERVE

Posted by JOAN N on 10/02/03 at 14:42 (131959)

LAST WEEK IT WAS CONFIRMED THAT I HAD TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME IN MY RIGHT ANKLE WHICH I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH FOR SEVERAL MONTHS...AND ALSO JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE SEVERE ARTHRITIS IN MY LEFT KNEE. MY PROBLEMS IS WALKING WITH ARTHRITIS IS IMPORTANT TO AVOID STIFFNESS, BUT I AM AT A LOST OF HOW MUCH HARM AM I GOING TO DO WITH THE TARSAL TUNNEL IN MY RIGHT ANKLE. I REALIZE THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK THE DISTANCE THAT I AM USE TO, BUT A LITTLE BAFFLE ON WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Re: INFLMATION TO THE POSTERIOR TIBIAL NERVE

marie on 10/02/03 at 16:26 (131971)

Is there some type of non weight bearing exercise you can do instead of walking? What about swimming? Don't ignore your TTS. Stay off it as much as possible. Has your doc given you some non weight bearing stretches? Julie has some yoga exercises that have been bendficial to many.

best wishes marie

Re: INFLMATION TO THE POSTERIOR TIBIAL NERVE

wendyn on 10/02/03 at 22:28 (132022)

I can relate - I have TTS as well as other issues - but if I don't exercise I feel worse.

Try anything in the water (I personally hate the water).

You may also be able to bike (if your knee can take it) - do yoga, pilates, weight training etc.