Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Too many procedures all at once, how long will recovery take?

Posted by Tessa D. on 10/02/03 at 19:36 (132006)

Hello everyone1

I'm sooooo happy I found this site! I had my surgery on May 8th of this year, I had no idea what I was in for as I'm finding out the recovery is very gruelling and long. I had 3 procedures on my left ankle AND foot, all done in one surgery! I'll give you a little history first.
I'm 39 and on my feet all day at work doing physical labor and a lot of standing. Workmens comp has paid for my medical. I started having heel pain first. The workmens comp. Doc gave me a cortisone shot and I almost PASSED OUT from the pain. He injected my foot straight up the bottom of my heal (picture stomping on top of a nail!). I refused more shots from him because after the first shot I could hardly walk for 2 weeks, my pain was worse then before. I was referred to my foot doc who talked me into 2 more shots but they too gave me no releif. He is very skilled at giving injections, I only felt a tiny pinch of pain, thank goodness! He restored my faith in Doctors.
We tried heel cups, anti-inflamatory drugs and custom orthotics, and of course a lot of ice packs. I'll continue in next post.........