Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for Suzanne D. about shoe insoles

Posted by Dorothy on 10/03/03 at 15:11 (132086)

Suzanne D. ~ You have mentioned 'Super Feet' that you use. I am not familiar with this; can you give more information?

Re: Question for Suzanne D. about shoe insoles

John H on 10/03/03 at 16:10 (132090)

I think Dr. Z originally suggested Super Feet Inserts and may have even given me a pair. Since I use custom orthotics if I can still find them I will be glad to give them to someone. I think they will work on 10 /2 - 11.

I also tried an interesting pair of orthotics which were about $29 or $39. You heat them up in your oven for 2 minutes at 200 degrees and then put them in your shoe and they conform to your foot. You can do this up to 3 or 4 times. There is also a littl dot that changes colors when you have them at the correct temperature. You order according to foot size and of course they have an arch built in which changes when you heat and step on them.

John H on 10/03/03 at 16:23 (132094)

Suzanne: I know you and I wear the same size shoe and I cannot remember if I sent those super feet to you or Barb?

Suzanne D. on 10/04/03 at 22:39 (132250)

Hi, Dorothy! Please excuse my delay in answering you; I have been gone for the past two days.

I read on the boards about Superfeet inserts and learned more about them at http://www.superfeet.com . This time last year during our fall break I went to Louisville and bought a pair. (I used the feature on the website which locates the nearest store to you which sells the product.)

At the time, besides wearing Birkenstock shoes, I used the Birk 3/4 length blue inserts in SAS shoes. While they helped me, I wanted to see if something else might even be better. I feel the Superfeet full- length, green insoles filled that need.

I believe it was BGCPed who had written that the Birk inserts I used were alright but the shoes had to be tied quite tightly for them to be efective. (I don't want to misquote him, but I think that's what he said.) I had found that to be true, and the Superfeet seem to be more supportive.

I hope the site I gave you works, and if you have any more questions that I might be able to answer, don't hesitate to ask!

Suzanne :)

Suzanne D. on 10/04/03 at 22:46 (132251)

Hi, John! Some time ago you kindly sent to me some Birkenstock full-length insoles which I later passed along to a custodian at our school for which they were very helpful! :)

I do remember your offering the Superfeet inserts because I considered writing that I would be glad to take them, but since I had just bought a pair and would be using them as a spare, I thought I'd wait to see if someone else asked for them. Someone did (but I can't remember who - although it was after Barb quit posting, so I think it was someone else). so I was glad I didn't ask for them.

I know that through the years you have unselfishly passed on shoes and inserts and so forth to others, and that is to your credit!

Suzanne :)

Dorothy on 10/05/03 at 02:30 (132268)

Thanks much, Suzanne. I will give it a try - and I appreciate your help.