Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Home from TTS Surgery

Posted by Lari S. on 10/03/03 at 16:39 (132097)

Hi All :) Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and support. Surgery went great. As far as I remember, Doc said the nerves were really stressed from extremely high arch flexing too much and the major blood vessel enlarged and pressing on them. (Ankle was always swollen.) Anyway, went in to surgery at 7:15 A.M. and was released at 11 A.M. I was told to bring one each of the Darvocet and Motrin with me to take prior to going home. Got home at 11:20, and by 11:45 my foot was playing the drums for a marching band doing double time cadence! It is now 2:20, and my foot feels like the Hulk coming to life. I am counting the seconds until the next Darvocet at 3:15. Doc has surgeries scheduled for the whole day, so will wait until he calls to see what else I can take to manage the pain. Am icing 30 min on, 30 off, and have my foot inclined up over my head so the knee is eye level. It seems to help some.

By the way, do not have a traditional cast. Foot is compression wrapped, padded, then wrapped, padded again, then a non-weight bearing hard plastic base from the toes, down the bottom of the foot, and then up to the back of the knee, padded again, ACE wrapped, and finally taped all around.

Anyway, will keep you posted on progress. Am limited to 15 min up (only if necessary)after each 2 hr block for the next 2-3 weeks, so have plenty of time to type away,

Lari

Re: Home from TTS Surgery

Sharon W on 10/03/03 at 21:29 (132124)

Lari,

I know today you probably aren't feeling up to much of anything. Just wanted to say, I'm glad the surgery went well and please do keep us posted on how you're doing.

You might be interested in checking out our Foot Surgery board, too, at some point... when you're feeling up for it.

Sharon
:)