Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cavus foot deformity

Posted by lisa b on 10/03/03 at 18:16 (132103)

i have been suffering for many years with severely high arch...my heals go inward while the foot itself goes outwards..my toes arent really touching the ground while i walk...i have been to several doctors and the last one is saying that i need to have both feet broken and instep brought down and heal redone..approx. time to be able to walk again and learn how to walk will be 2 years..3 months per foot off totally..now i am asking for another opinion as to what else is out there instead of having this major surgery done..i am 40 years old, hypertension and 300 lbs..i have 2 small girls at home and a sick disabled mom also along with my husband..i am seeking some advice as to if there are any other procedures i can go thru that doesnt take so long and that will get me out of pain..the pain is severe and as days go on, they get much worse..they are collapsing and soon i will have to be in a wheelchair...can anyone help me?

Re: cavus foot deformity

lisa b on 10/03/03 at 18:19 (132104)

please help

Re: cavus foot deformity

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/03/03 at 18:53 (132107)


Surgery may be one option but considering your situation, orthotics may be very helpful. It is a little bit trickier making orthotics for your type of foot problem and it may be necessary to couple the orthotics with a special shoe (extra depth shoe). So see a podiatrist or pedorthist in your area.