Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Active Release Technique

Posted by Bonnie on 10/03/03 at 19:53 (132117)

Hi Everyone, I had my second session with ART today. The practioner seems to know more about the problems and what to do than anyone I've seen in 20 years.He says I should feel 50 to 80% better in 3 more sessions. Here's hoping. I'll keep you updated., Bonnie

Re: Active Release Technique

HilaryG on 10/03/03 at 20:42 (132119)

Hi- ART gave me back my life. However I didn't feel any better until the 6th or 7th session. Please don't give up if you don't feel better as soon as the practitioner expects. Of course I don't know how long you've had PF or how bad your case is. But I just want to encourage you to keep it up because it works. Hilary

Lily Rose K on 10/03/03 at 20:43 (132120)

Hey Bonnie...can you share the basic principles of ART??? I'm being told to exercise more and being told not to exercise. Have you had this condition for 20 years??? Does it get worse with time???

Dorothy on 10/03/03 at 22:48 (132137)

But what can you say about it now??? I KNOW I'm being pushy but please, we want to know.

By the way, to Lily Rose: what a beautiful name! If I were having more daughters, I would name one Lily Rose.

Bonnie on 10/03/03 at 23:48 (132146)

I heard about ART on this board thanks to Hilary. Here's the website. http://activerelease.com . I was lucky there are 2 practitioners in my town. Check out the website. Hilary, I won't give up. I am hopeful, though I've gone through all kinds of Rx without success.

Lily Rose K on 10/05/03 at 12:55 (132314)

Thanks Bonnie. There is someone who does this about 100 miles from where I live. Am I correct in understanding that RX means meds and you haven't found any that help???

Aly on 10/06/03 at 08:29 (132411)

Hi Dorothy,

Thought I'd jump in here with my own update for you. I've had 3 appointments and so far am not much better. But I really don't think enough time has passed, as it took Hilary quite a bit longer to see any results. I am going every other day but wonder if it's better to space them out as Hilary did (she went once a week, as I recall. So I guess it would have taken her 6 or 7 weeks to see results...jump in if I'm wrong, Hilary)

The one thing I did notice was after my last appointment, my feet felt a lot better than they did going in, which was a first. So that's something...

I'll update again in a week...

Aly

cindy on 10/10/03 at 12:16 (133434)

hey what is ART? what is this active release tech? please someone e-mail me i don't know if i will find this place again
(email removed)