Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

red sox . . . cubs . . . john

Posted by nancy s. on 10/04/03 at 17:00 (132206)

say, john, i'm crying in my wine after the first two sox/A's games. how are your cubs doing? last i heard it was 1-1 for them.

i thought the sox might rally now they're home, but it's pouring buckets here, so it probably is in boston too and i don't know if they'll play or not. they might have to. if they put it off, they'll probably be playing a makeup game in an ice storm.

they had a rotten schedule for the first two games. nomar garciaparra said 'who created this schedule, the yankees?'

i have to go prepare my mind now. see ya.

nancy

Re: red sox . . . cubs . . . john

John H on 10/04/03 at 19:03 (132218)

You are winning tonight Nancy. The Cubs and Braves play the final game Monday in Atlanta. They are tied at 2 each.

wendyn on 10/04/03 at 20:14 (132224)

Nancy - we were glued to the set during the cubs game - the last inning looked really promising but they lost.

Here's hoping for big things tomorrow in Atlanta!

wendyn on 10/04/03 at 20:15 (132225)

nancy - it was 77 here today. Apparently you have our weather and we have yours!

wendyn on 10/04/03 at 20:58 (132234)

I thought it was tomorrow John - you sure it's Monday?

nancy s. on 10/05/03 at 05:34 (132280)

wendy, whenever the next cubs game is, i'll root for them. underdogs tend not to be boasters -- so refreshing. the red sox won their game last night, despite the fact that their record-breaking offense was pitiful. we couldn't believe it. we leaped off the couch. their pitching was beauteous, though, so that's what did it, plus a bad ump call. i feel sorry for those guys -- the pressure is getting to them -- after a magnificent year they are now, in the playoffs, like deer in headlights. i love 'em anyhow.

about that ice storm comment of mine . . . well . . . i was exaggerating. it isn't on the horizon; it's just colder than usual this time of year. and i like it!

nancy

wendyn on 10/05/03 at 20:13 (132353)

Saw parts of the red-sox game Nancy...including the bad ump call (was it really a bad call or a bad play by the runner?)

Tonight I'm watching the cubs game, doing my nails, working on my homework, doing my banking and surfing the net.

Dorothy on 10/06/03 at 02:32 (132390)

If only you were productive and able to multi-task, Wendyn....

nancy s. on 10/06/03 at 07:08 (132401)

you're right, wendy -- it was more of a bad play by the runner than a bad ump call. it was a little, what, unseemly that the umps had to gather and discuss it for five minutes, when the red sox catcher jason varitek knew what it was the moment it was happening.

we didn't mind it either when varitek chased a badly thrown ball and tagged out the oakland A who had missed home plate by a foot and was limping proudly to the dugout, thinking he'd 'slid by' with that one.

some people can't do even two things at once, and there you were last night doing five. a little extra energy there? please send me some of that.

my husband told me just as i was falling asleep that the cubs won last night -- yay for our teams.

nancy

john h on 10/06/03 at 08:30 (132412)

Nancy Nancy Nancy!!!! After 95 years the Cubs win their first playoff series against the favored Braves last night. I did not think it would happen in my life time. Chicago is on fire. Our dream of a Red Sox - Cubs series still is alive. The Cubs open at home tomorrow against Florida for the right to play in the World Series. Even if they do not win I am elated to have made it this far. The Billy Goat jinx is history. Maybe the Curse of the Bambino will also end. Darn! Next thing my feet could get well and it may not take 95 years.

nancy s. on 10/06/03 at 12:23 (132434)

john john john!!! i did not realize that the cubs had never won a playoff series in 95 years! that's a bigger win than i thought. you must have been bouncing off the walls. you're right, that's plenty reason to celebrate right there, never mind the world series. of course, it will be good if the excitement extends for us both and we end up with a red sox / cubs world series.

if the sox lose tonight, i'll watch the cubs tomorrow and take up their cause. if i'm not too depressed to turn on the tv, that is. right now, i'm still hopeful and even a little jittery. game starts at 8 pm our time. i have no fingernails left after the first four games and so must find something else to chew on before game time.

great luck to ya tomorrow.

nancy