Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heelspurs photography club....anyone interested?

Posted by marie on 10/04/03 at 23:09 (132254)

I'd like to think that we can be creative enough to start a new online club. Will I miss our discussions on politics? Yes...so i joined a political round table that meets at the local university. That should satisfy my political needs. As for heelspurs we do need to find some common ground. We had a lengthy discussion about digital cameras not to long ago so I thought maybe we can form a club. If some of the more competive folks want to have an occasional contest well that would fun too. I will obstain from participating in contests but would be happy to organize and give tips.

Maybe we could have a weekly theme. Like 'pets'.

Is anyone interested?

marie

Re: heelspurs photography club....anyone interested?

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/05/03 at 00:19 (132256)

marie:

I appreciate what you are trying to do and perhaps enough people will be interested in this. There are personal pictures on the site but not many have been added for a while. I don't know how well that would jive with Scott's available space problems. On the other hand, I would hope that we are not just fishing to find common interests. The problem , some felt, was that politics was displacing other things so I am patiently waiting for all those people with suppressed and displaced thoughts and messages to start posting .

I think that spontaneity is what makes the board interesting so hopefully the posts will start coming.
Regards.,
Ed

wendyn on 10/05/03 at 00:35 (132257)

I would love to post pictures - but I would have to buy a digital camera first. If there isn't enough space for the pictures - you could post a link to the pictures.

Re: Okay, let me help organize things.

Phil C on 10/05/03 at 00:36 (132258)

I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate so let me help organize things.

1)Marie. You will be in charge of the photo club.
2)Dr. Ed. You will be in charge of recipes. Keep in mind I like Mexican.
3)JohnH. You will be in charge of the weather discussions.
4)Max. You will be in charge of car talk.
5)BGCPed. You will be in charge of sewing, knitting , crocheting. As
you can see I have given you three responsiblities but they
are related.
Okay, I need volunteers for sports, golf and someone to post the professional wrestling results on the board.

Phil C.

wendyn on 10/05/03 at 00:38 (132260)

What about ME?

I want to do something! BGCPED and I should be responsible for anything related to legalized pot.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/05/03 at 00:40 (132262)

wendyn;
Actually you can take your regular film to most photo departments and they will place them on a disc that you can download and email. In a way, it is almost better than a digital camera because a $150 compact 35 mm point and shoot autofocus will take as good or better pictures than a more expensive digital.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/05/03 at 00:41 (132263)

wendyn:
I think he let the rest chose their own.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/05/03 at 00:45 (132265)

Ps.
Walmart does it for $2.99 or $3.99. A couple of toonies.
Ed

Max K on 10/05/03 at 02:49 (132273)

Well here's what I ate today:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/91711278/93339195IOHVna

and here's the shoes I bought yesterday:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/91826538/93354626NRBluW

Max

Dorothy on 10/05/03 at 03:03 (132274)

Ok, well I wasn't put on Phil's list, but I'm doing a little organizing myself at this point. Combining Marie's suggestion for a photo club with Wendy's wish for new feet, here's the plan: ok, everybody: photos of feet only. Wendy will bid on selected feet and seller will be paid through paypal. New feet will go to Wendy and we will all hope that they are as hoped for. Sellers have been known to say they are offering a size 8 but when they arrive, they're a size 6 or 5, even - with a wart or two! However, we feel confident that Wendy's transaction will be perfect and we will all celebrate by nibbling on a photo of Max's lunch! There's the ultimate diet - nibbling on the PHOTO. I will be putting together a collection of photos of Butterfingers to nibble on. :-)

nancy s. on 10/05/03 at 06:23 (132286)

dorothy, related in a crazy way to your 'nibbling on the photo': someone picasso thought something of a dullard once criticized picasso's interpretation of the human face and form, pulled out a photo from his wallet as an example of what picasso should be aiming for, and said, 'this is my family.' picasso replied, 'awfully small, aren't they?'

nancy

Re: Responses to everyone's posts.

marie on 10/05/03 at 09:58 (132293)

http://www.shutterfly.com/home/signin_member.jsp

Well this is a sight that you can post your photos on. Just sign up. Ed you had a good idea about Walmart. They will put your photos on a disk as a .jpg. We don't have to bother Scott at all. I have been using shutterfly for a while now and I find it an easy way to load photos. I could set up an email for photos and i could post them on a down and dirty website if you think that would be easier. We have a web host with oodles of room. Judy had asked me about this before and I would be happy to do it. This is how my hubby sends photo selections to families that don't live locally. Shutterfly, however is the easiest if you don't mind all the selling stuff.

Ed,
As far as common ground goes......I've been thinking about this since we had the discussion about digital cameras. It just seems like the right time. We need to have some fun. I'd be happy to share Photoshop tips. I suggest Photoshop elements for editing. I don't know any others.

I would set up a political round table discussion board....but I've never created a message board. Can I create one using Frontpage? Does anyone know what software Scott used? Or give me some direction. I'd at least be willing to look into it.

Wendy,
I would be happy to auction off my feet....and I think feet photos may be a fun topic to start with. I would suggest staying away from posting photos of strangers as it is not allowed without consent.

Phil, I want to be in charge of sampling all the yummy foods. Of course I don't want anything to do with cooking it so I'll put you in charge of that. I've never been one to wait around for things to happen. I'm too hyperactive and impatient.

Max, I think you're a budding photographer...my mouth is watering.

Dorothy,
This may be the thing you need to get rid of those fall blues.

nancy, I don't know you well enogh to respond to your post but if you want in let me know.....could be fun.

Does that cover everyone? I would be happy to walk beginners through the process. And I think once we get a list of participants we can set up exactly how to do this.

Please respond by saying your in and if you're not interested that's cool too.

marie

John H on 10/05/03 at 10:44 (132297)

Marie: I do use Elements II but would not pretend to know all about it. I do have a course on CD's that is for Elements II. I use Shutterfly all the time to share photos. I have a few of Dr. Z and his office and some of our posters Judy,Nancy N,Dr Z and staff, Steve P, Barb and even a picture of the infamous Orby in Dr. Z's office. I also have a picture of all of us having dinner at one of Dr. Z's local hangouts (his wife was there of course). Cheap Steve P took the troops to McDonalds. I missed taking a picutre of Judy whining as she received her Orby treatment Funny thing about that trip I do not remember my feet huring at all. Good times and good people bring back good memories.

marie on 10/05/03 at 11:16 (132300)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Help\Help.htm

There are some helpful, fast and easy tutorials here. They have them for macs and Pcs. Photographs bring back all kinds of fun times. Photography is a medium anyone can participate in. Would you be interested in participating? Feet have been suggested for the first topic....folks could submit all kinds of different feet photos for Wendy to select from...happy feet, sad feet, athlete's feet (pun intended) or whatever creative way anyone can think of expressing themselves creatively with feet. If Wendy would like I could paste her new feet to her legs. Digital surgery is much less expensive and there is no pain at all.

best wishes marie

nancy s. on 10/05/03 at 17:35 (132329)

thanks, marie. i'm lousy with a camera. i use a watercolor brush. but i think your idea is great and would enjoy seeing others' photos.

nancy

Lari S. on 10/05/03 at 22:15 (132367)

Marie,

Can anyone participate in this photo group? If so, I'll go sign-up at Shutterfly. I'm all for digital surgery and no pain!!!

I have a Sony digital, and perhaps I can go for a whole new digital body. :)

Would send a pic of my feet for Wendy, but there's no way a shoe would fit on the left on just now. LOL With the left one propped up on pillows above eyesight and wrapped to the calf, that's all I've seen since getting home from surgery. I'm thinking about picking a different theme for each day and decorating it...
Lari

Dorothy on 10/06/03 at 01:37 (132387)

Here's a question for scientific inquiry: How many of 'us' here experienced increased foot pain or other increased discomfort of any kind while the Social/Support board was boarded and locked??

Dorothy on 10/06/03 at 01:41 (132388)

Oh, that's wonderful! I love it.

marie on 10/06/03 at 10:21 (132426)

Absolutely!