Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Radiating Foot pain

Posted by Tricia G. on 10/05/03 at 20:03 (132350)

I definitely feel I have plantar fascitis-I have the classis foot pain in the morning, etc. The thing that concerns me is that recently I have noticed a very warm sensation in several areas of my foot. I would describe it as thinking I have placed my foot against something rather hot-it also feels like a very warm necklace or chain has touched my foot. The most common areas to feel this is on the outside edge of the length of my foot, or coming up from the bottom of my foot and coming up and around the ball of my foot. Is this something new and different, or just part of the plantar fascitis? I have not heard this type of pain discussed with P.F. Thank you!

Re: Radiating Foot pain

Dr. Z on 10/05/03 at 20:38 (132358)

It could be TTS starting . This could be the lateral band of the plantar fascia or could be the peroneal longus and or brevis tendon. What have you done for your present pf so far?

Re: Radiating Foot pain

Tricia G. on 10/07/03 at 08:10 (132565)

Actually, nothing! I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts-I note that it is worse on days that I work, of course, but is much improved after my stretch of days off. I do definitely need to lose weight, so that would be a plus. I wear Dansko clog style shoes to work that has helped a bit. I have had the foot pain on and off for about 2 years, but the feeling of something warm resting on my foot is fairly recent. I was thinking it is a type of nerve pain. Most people I have spoken to that have pf say they have not received relief from inserts in their shoes. I have not yet consulted a doctor (except you!) because the pain is not that bad at this time. Thank you for responding so quickly. Any suggestions?