Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Eddie Davis:

Posted by Kathryn P. on 10/06/03 at 14:35 (132457)

Dr. Davis: Did I upset you with my last response? I didn't mean to. I know you are busy and I need help. I'm confused by all of the problems that keep coming up. You've helped me a lot, thanks.

Kathryn

Re: Dr. Eddie Davis:

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/06/03 at 16:47 (132490)

Kathryn:
No, you did not. Unfortunatley, when posts are added to old strings they can get buried a page or two back, so starting a new string is a good idea. A total tear of the achilles should not take 2 to 3 months to diagnose. In fact, it should be diagnosed immediately if the examiner is competent. Partial tears of the achilles can be missed by the best examiners.

Unquestionably, based on the information you have provided, a major lapse in care occurred and you appear to have reasonable cause for action.

From the medical standpoint, the RSDS must be resolved before any surgical repair can be attempted. It sounds like you may be in a restrictive managed care environment but you must break out of that and see an experienced practitioner who knows how the do revisions of the achilles.
Ed

Kathryn P. on 10/07/03 at 10:43 (132578)

Ed, I had a complete rupture of my achillies tendon. The doctor never checked before he sent me to PT for 2-3 months, then when I could hardly walk he checked. We're scared, I'm sure you understand that. 3 1/2 years is a long time. As for the doctor being competent we found out he is not, but had to learn the hard way. A few months after the surgery and more Physical therapy with no relief he had another MRI taken and he must have realized what he did. He stumbled over his own words and wouldn't even look at my foot or me and my sister, who has been with me at all times. He just stuck his butt in her face, and she wasn't impressed.

I'm not really giving up even tho it's hard not to. The only proof we have about his imcompetence is the records I obtained last week and we posted the quotes. Thank you Ed for all the help you have given us we will keep checking the posts from you.

Kathryn P.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/07/03 at 12:55 (132610)

Kathryn:

That is incredible!

Please email me at (email removed) as I am discontinuing my postings on this site.
Ed