Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Exercises For Plantar Facia Condition

Posted by Joanne C. on 10/06/03 at 15:17 (132463)

My friend asked me to do some internet searching to find exercises to do when diagnosed with Plantar Facia -- in addition to wearing 'heel cups,' her doctor gave her some verbal instructions for exercises -- but nothing diagramed or written -- she is now facing the common 'memory lapse' one gets after leaving a doctor's office and would like to have some help without having to call the doctor back for re-instructions. Can you help? Are there written exercises that can be copied from the Internet? Thanks! A friend trying to help a friend, Joanne C.

Re: Exercises For Plantar Facia Condition

Joanne C. on 10/06/03 at 16:58 (132491)

Please ignore this question -- didn't know how to delete it -- my friend just needs to ask her doctor again for re-instruction -- she pays for his advice -- instead of me asking you -- whom she does not pay -- sorry for the intrusion -- read some of the messages on the board after I sent this and decided not to take up your time. Thanks for your voluntary work. Joanne

john king on 10/06/03 at 20:11 (132509)

I think that is a pretty good question!

Sharon W on 10/06/03 at 20:39 (132515)

Tell your friend to try Julie's Yoga stretches -- it may not be what her doctor suggested, but until she can get her doctor to give her those instructions again, these yoga stretches are GREAT and they are very mild so as long as she remembers to only do as many as she can without causing very much pain, she should be OK.

By the way, please tell your friend that if an exercise is putting you in agony, it is may be doing you serious harm -- so even if a doctor or physical therapist has recommended it it is better to discontinue the exercise that's causing so much pain until you can contact your doctor and explain the problem.