Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Monte

Posted by Pauline on 10/06/03 at 17:54 (132495)

How are you doing since your RFL treatments with Dr. Cozz? Are you still getting them?

Re: To Monte

Dr. Z on 10/06/03 at 22:19 (132529)

I spoke with Monte just recently he has improvement but no cure . He is still having arch pain

monte on 10/07/03 at 09:46 (132572)

Hi Pauline...The RFL seems to have helped in the areas that it was performed one. The treatment is pin point focused and not broadly focused. You have to be able find pain spots and mark them. You cannot simply treat the edge of the foot or the arch. It has to be pretty exact. I feel that the treatment helped my right heel more than my left. So, I am going to go back again and have the Dr treat more spots.

I still get flare ups (beyond my normal pain) but i think the RFL helped a bit. I am going to do it again and see if it helps more.

I will also have my inflammation level checked with a sonogram. It was down last time to just below the treatment threshold for ESWT. I think that helped me a little too when I had it done.

I am still in pain and still don't have my normal life back. But I cannot stop trying things that make sense.

I have a friend at work who had this for 7 years and just became pain free in January or February this year. Never did anything right for it either!

Oh well...I will let everyone know when I go again

Monte

BrianJ on 10/07/03 at 10:45 (132579)

Monte --

If I remember correctly, you originally felt that RFL resolved about 90% of your heel pain, but not your arch pain. Do you feel at this point that perhaps RFL was not as helpful for your heel pain as you previously thought? Also, when you speak of 'heel pain,' are you talking about pain at the PF insertion area?

john h on 10/07/03 at 11:54 (132594)

Monte: Glad to see you back but sorry you are not pain free. I am now in year 8 of bilateral PF but am much better than year 1. Maybe someday it will just go away. I am still open to anything. Nothing to far out for me to try. The one thing I have never been able to do is total rest for a long time. Some report that was there cure.

BrianG on 10/07/03 at 17:34 (132653)

Hi Monte,

Can you let us know why you haven't gone back for more treatments? Is it the pain? the money? the logistics?
Does Dr. Cozz have any idea of how many treatments this might take? Has he cured anyone yet, or are you the main test subject :)

Laters, and good luck
BrianG

monte on 10/08/03 at 10:18 (132789)

Hi all...

I have not gone back yet for another treatment because of the price. My insurance did not cover it all and I had to come up with $1200. Now I have a different policy and the old one actually agreed to reimburse the $1200...so now I can go again.

Plus....I am into budget season at work AND moving to a new house. Too much going on.

The right heel feels good. It is actually very comfortable when I walk. I hope to get the left one like that too. Standing still pain is still there.

Also, I have been dealing with pain and throbbing along the lateral column of my left foot. If I can get the left to catch up to the right...I would feel a lot better. My left foot feels like it aching along the outside edge all day. It also feels like it is vibrating...but it is not....very weird

Hope this helps.

Monte

john h on 10/09/03 at 10:12 (133070)

Monte: Sounds to me like you are making some progress. Hang in there as two steps forward and one step backwards is progress. I climbed a very steep mountain a few weeks ago. No problem for a few day but did develop some real pain in my thigh muscles which has disappeared and also a sore achilles tendon which is still sore. I am just glad that is all that hurts.