Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortizone injections help/safe?

Posted by Lorinda N on 10/07/03 at 02:04 (132553)

I have seen some concern about cortizone injections and worries about rupturing of tendons... how safe is this for PF? My podiatrist wants to do cortizone injections. I am not so sure yet. Is it a short term pain relief? A friend of mine had an injection in her hand for carpal tunnel, her advice was dont do it. Her hand swelled 3 times its normal size and was like that for several days... as well as painful.

Re: Cortizone injections help/safe?

justine on 10/07/03 at 15:17 (132626)

well I had a shot in my right foot 6 weeks ago and the pain totallyt went away. I have had no problems at all and I truely am happy I can do what I want to now on my feet. what can happen? i dont get it

Lori W. on 10/07/03 at 21:26 (132724)

I have had 3 cortizone shots. The first one hurt for several hours, but the next day was like a miracle. No pain. It lasted for 7 or 8 months. I eventually had another, it hurt for 3 days- a lot of pain. But felt great--for a couple of months. I succombed to pressure and had the third. Hurt for several days, and lasted for a few months. Cortitizone seems to be a temporary solution to a permanent problems.

dr ben pearl on 10/08/03 at 17:46 (132913)

The relief is generally tempoary and I would not suggest more than 2 in 6 months

justine on 10/22/03 at 14:54 (135006)

but why????? my question was what can happen?? i dont get it thanks for any responses oh and by the way... the pain is coming back and with a vengence