Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Three middle toes keep twitching. Help!

Posted by Stacey W. on 10/07/03 at 12:39 (132608)

For two months now my three middle toes on my right foot have been involuntarily twitching, driving me almost insane as I can't concentrate on anything. Sometimes it is associated with minor pain up and down my leg, but usually not. I've been to see a doctor about this, and I had an EMG done. The EMG came out normal, so it seems that everyone has pretty much given up on me. I feel that there is no help for this and it is the most maddening experience to sit in a chair at work and have twitching going on in my foot. I have noticed when I'm at home on the weekends it doesn't happen as often. Also, if I take a few Tylenols, or aceteminophen, it calms the foot down a bit.

I'm on and have been on different medications for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. (Although, I assure you, this is not all in my head.) My OCD manifests itself in other ways so I know this has nothing to do with my foot problem. I have been on Klonopin as an anti-anxiety drug. I was on a trial period of Prozac. My doctor gave me a one-month sample. It was during this period, after three weeks of taking Prozac, that I noticed my foot started twitching. I immediately stopped taking the Prozac just in case that was the cause. It has now been almost two months since I stopped the Prozac and my foot is still having involuntary twitching, which makes me wonder if it wasn't the Prozac after all.

If anyone has heard ANYTHING similar to my problem, please let me know. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. It may sound crazy, but I don't want to live with a foot that causes me this much anxiety. I can use all the help, advice, or ideas that I can get.

Thanks so much!!