Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Clarification of Terms

Posted by Dorothy on 10/07/03 at 16:37 (132643)

I need to know this: When people here say things like the following: 'a few people try to turn everything into an argument or a hate fest...'
or ' those people..' or 'the few here who...'

WHO are you talking about? Are you talking about ME??
If so, why don't you say, 'Dorothy's posts....' or whatever it is you mean. I never know if you are talking about my posts or someone else's.

Is it your opinion that I tried to turn everything into an argument or a hate fest??

Re: Clarification of Terms

Phil C. on 10/07/03 at 16:45 (132645)

No, not you. You responded as you did because you care. I should not speak for others but I truly beleive that even those who don't agree with your points of view have always enjoyed your posts. The troublemakers know who I am talking about.
Phil C.

John H on 10/07/03 at 16:59 (132648)

Dorothy you and I have had our disagreements but I have always respected your post and read them and actually value them. Please keep in touch

'(email removed)'

nancy s. on 10/07/03 at 17:30 (132652)

not at all, dorothy. i know it's confusing not to name names, but in most cases i haven't felt quite right about doing that -- and i was here long enough before that the people i personally (and a good number of others) found difficult know who they are.

i don't really understand phil c's talking about the history of this website. i thought he arrived only recently. i'm pretty sure he wasn't posting 8 months ago when i left. actually, i think he's a sidekick. well, that's neither here nor there.

in no way did i allude to any of your posts, dorothy, and i apologize that i didn't make that clear somehow. i think you're smart and independent and feisty, and even when upset you're never condescending or mean. i certainly wouldn't like to see you leave. just for the record.

Phil C. on 10/07/03 at 22:24 (132732)

There are posters here who have been long term readers. The are people who no longer post here who still read. Sorry that I don't make the cut to be in your exclusive club here on the board. Your comments reinforce the atmosphere of 'if you don't fit in and play by our rules, get out of here.'
Phil C.

wendyn on 10/07/03 at 22:36 (132734)

Kay - enough said. I am going to get out my delete fingers if you kids can't find something else to talk about.

I figured out how to delete the whole thread...if anything is added to this one - it's going.

nancy s. on 10/07/03 at 22:45 (132735)

phil c: what exclusive club? you know who makes the rules, and it isn't me. i haven't been here for 8 months (and i can't say i'm glad i tried again). if you're looking for human mistakes, sure, look in my direction. if you're looking for evil or exclusive clubs, look somewhere else. please.