Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

my quick two cents

Posted by wendyn on 10/07/03 at 18:31 (132664)

I've had a very busy day (and almost no time in the next 72 hours for this board).

Quick points to consider?

-people come and go on this board all the time. It may surprise many of you, but when I first came to this board about 4 years ago...there was a contingent of folks who firmly believed that PF could be helped by a low carb diet. The low carb people had a war with the non-believers of the low carb...and eventually the low carb people wandered away (which is really too bad).

-a few years later, we had another large conflict between about 3 members of the board...it ended ugly with one of them being banned forever (the only official banning I recall)

-over the last two years we've had fights over ESWT, questioning doctors, and politics (to name a few)

-most of the time on this 'social/support' board is lately devoted to arguing about what someone else has been posted...and it does not look like most of you will be able to stop yourselves any time soon

-I'm not sure why anyone thinks I 'left'. I went to work today...not sure if I missed something else (time factor again)

I'll try one more time - please reconsider beating this to death over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Stay - or go.

Post, or don't.

If you stay, and if you post - do so knowing that you push a little button on the bottom of the screen that says that you agree to terms of use (not your house, not your rules (I explain this one to my teenager ALL the time).

There are many boards, with many rules - if you are unhappy here - no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay.

Put this whole things in perspective - this is not the end of the world....there are more important things in life...

Really.

I'm sure.

Re: my quick two cents

marie on 10/07/03 at 18:33 (132666)

Thanks Wendy!:D There are so many folks coming and going I don't know what is going on.

Go relax....sounds like you've had a long day.

best wishes marie

Re: my quick two cents also

BrianG on 10/07/03 at 18:58 (132675)

Hi Wendy,

I was busy myself, and missed a couple days on the forum. A busy couple days they were! I'm happy that you have been able to balance your work, and your moderator duties. I think that if all moderators pull their weight, you should find that you'll have enough time for everything. If not, maybe Scott should consider adding a 4th mod.

I too remember when that 'one' person was removed from the boards permanantly. I didn't think the punishment met the crime back then, and I have certainly seen much worse in the past year. I've talked to that prson a couple times since, and they still have a severe case of PF, and Fibromyalgia. I'd like to see ScottR consider asking her back, even though she has never told me that she wishe's she could return. I just think it would help the overall healing on the board. It can't be a very nice feeling to know that your the only person to ever get banned! Remember, she can still read the board, she just can't post.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now.....
BrianG

Pauline on 10/07/03 at 19:22 (132684)

Amen Wendyn!

nancy s. on 10/07/03 at 19:24 (132686)

brian: as a person (one of several -- or was it many? i can't remember!) on the receiving end of the banned person's angry posts, i tend to agree with you on this. so much worse, and more manipulative, has happened since, her temper pales in comparison. i hope she is doing better. it's been a long time now. as i recall, she got banned during the '3 fouls and you're out' period. i got one foul myself. all that was nothing compared to this year's bouts. if she is reading, she must really be wondering why she was blocked and others haven't been.

nancy

marie on 10/07/03 at 19:29 (132690)

Hi Pauline!

Re: To Brian my quick two cents also

Pauline on 10/07/03 at 19:36 (132692)

Brian,
You bring up a good point. I remember the '3 foul period' on this board. That was probably 2 years ago maybe more. I have to agree from the looks of things now, that punishment was extreme especially when you consider what she was posting was the truth.

Have you ever asked Scott to lift the banishment?

BrianG on 10/07/03 at 19:48 (132696)

As a matter of fact, I have. Very recently....B

John H on 10/07/03 at 20:11 (132705)

Pauline you devil you. Where have you been? We need your moderation--

Dr. Z on 10/07/03 at 20:22 (132708)

Who was banned? I am don't remember anyone getting ban from this board. Would you please re-fresh my memory with a name. I do remember a very long time ago some one with fibro attacking Dr. Z. Is this the same person ?

Pauline on 10/07/03 at 21:04 (132719)

Don't you really mean you'd like me to blame for the discord that now exists on the social board:*)

wendyn on 10/07/03 at 21:14 (132723)

Pauline - I think it may well be over 2 years now...and you're right - that whole thing was nothing compared to what has gone on here in the last few months (funny how standards and tolerances change over time).

Where _have_ you been? I have not seen you around here in a long time.

Pauline on 10/07/03 at 22:02 (132729)

Wendyn,
Standards and tolerances here are no different than what people have come to accept elsewhere in their life. From TV shows and movies to education and respect for life you'll find folks willing to lower their standards and accept anything as the norm to just to 'fit in'.

'To thy own self be true' may not hold meaning for many anymore. Sad isn't it?

Pauline on 10/07/03 at 22:27 (132733)

Questioning would be more like it Dr. Z. Attacking hardly. As it turned out every word she posted was true, yet she was banned for speaking the truth which came to light a year or so later.

A living Joan of Arc I'd say.

Dr. Z on 10/07/03 at 22:56 (132738)

If you are talking about the original application for the Orbie to be marketed in the USA. I saw it so I know what it stated. So how could she know the truth when she never saw the ORIGINAL application.
So how would anyone know the truth???? Interesting how the ossatron is involved with a class action suit and the FDA is quiet about the false marketing of this machine.

Rick R on 10/08/03 at 06:48 (132761)

Yea but wouldn't that be 2 cents Canadian?

wendyn on 10/08/03 at 07:19 (132767)

You are right Rick. Maybe my 1.35 cents!?

Rick R on 10/08/03 at 07:31 (132769)

Gee am I glad we got that straightened out!