Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Capsaicin relief vs potential injury?

Posted by Firefeet on 10/07/03 at 22:18 (132731)

Have had heel pain and pf for over 20 years (arthritis-related). Eventually the balls of feet were involved also with even worse pain there. Have tested many treatments and on a DMARD for 11 years with no improvement. My pf has been very disabling but arthritis is connective tissue problems with no joint damage. Recently decided to try capsaicin on feet and the results have been remarkable for me! Any discomfort with the burning is nothing compared to the pain. My question is...since I'm not feeling the pain much and am able to do more activity, could I possibly cause damage since the inflammation is still there? In short, can I be doing more harm than good by overdoing things? I still get nausea from pain at times especially the day after overdoing it.

Re: Capsaicin relief vs potential injury?

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132857)

It would be very unusual for capsaicin to be able to mask serious injury or overuse.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132862)

It would be very unusual for capsaicin to be able to mask serious injury or overuse.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132866)

Ed