Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Questionable symphtoms

Posted by BarbL on 10/07/03 at 23:28 (132747)

I was just diagnosed with Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome about 6 months ago. I had a Morton's neuroma removed about a year ago in my left foot. I did have the nerve test and the Dr. found no nerve damage. He said I had TTS. All my pains however, do not match the symp. of what I have read on these sites for TTS. It started out with a numbness on the balls of my feet. Then my toes feel like they are asleep all the time. lately my outsides of my feet sting and inside my arch is tender. My ankles do not ache or do they hurt. At night when I go to bed my feet have shooting pains and hurt like hell. Please tell me if this sounds like TTS and if so what have ya'll found to help if anything. I am so grateful to have found this website. Thanks in advance for all your imput. Also I was a toe dancer for 20 years and wore very high heels all my life! Do you think that is self tortue!!! Thanks Barb

Re: Questionable symphtoms

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 11:36 (132800)

I never had all that much ankle pain, not until my TTS was at its worst.

Are the shooting pains you get mostly on the INSIDE of your foot, toward your ankle, or maybe on the bottom of your foot crossing your arch from the inside of your ankle to the outside along the bottow of your foot toward your two smallest toes? Do these shooting pains ever extend up the inside of your ankle toward your calf?

Re: Questionable symphtoms

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 15:48 (132884)

The combination of confirmation by NCV plus the symptoms you describe strongly suggest TTS. NCV can miss TTS but if the NCV comes back positive for TTS, then that diagnosis is usually correct.