Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS BOTH FEET, JULY 1 AND SEPT 9....

Posted by Rob F on 10/08/03 at 08:27 (132773)

I'm a 37yo male, after 3 yrs of pain I finally was correctly diagnosed with TT. Searching for doctors to do the surgery was difficult at best, finally found an awesome surgeon who was taught by Dr. Dellon. Had to travel from Atlantic City to York PA, well worth it. My first operation was on my left foot on July 1st, was on crutches for a week, then a walker for a few days. Elevating the foot was vital, as was no weight being put on the foot. He is totally against walking boot and only wrapped the foot. 1 week after surgery I had the stitches removed and used a compression sock for 16hrs a day. All went well. On Sept 9th I had the right foot done, same post op and instructions. Very little pain. Was taking vicoprofen. Now I'm walking with only minor discomfort if I do to much, but the pins and needles are almost gone. Anyone who wants info or to just chat...email me anytime: (email removed) good luck to all

Re: TTS BOTH FEET, JULY 1 AND SEPT 9....

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 12:57 (132812)

Rob,

Congratulations, sounds like you are very happy with the results of both surgeries so far! I've heard good reports about Dr. Dellon and those trained by his methods.

I hope you'll keep us updated on how you're doing!

Sharon
:)

Dorothy on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132865)

Another voice seconds Sharon W.'s words to you. Congratulations and thanks for the information.

marie on 10/08/03 at 20:23 (132939)

I wish the best and hope you will have continued success. I didn't have the surgery but may need it some day so I am paying close attention to Doctor's names. thanks.

marie

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 20:25 (132940)

Marie,

Lee Dellon is very famous -- but controversial in some circles.

Sharon

chrisb on 10/09/03 at 07:42 (133026)

Sharon I wonder if you can direct me to some information on the controversy?

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 09:52 (133055)

Chris,

Sure. Search for 'Neuropathy.org'. You'll have to become a member but it's free, and it's easy... Folks there will give you an earful of the controversy.

I've never heard any controversy about Dr. Dellon with respect to doing surgery for TTS unless there are other complications. As I understand it, the controversy is that he does this and other entrapment surgeries on patients that other surgeons will not try to help because it is more risky.

Sharon

wendyn on 10/09/03 at 23:31 (133331)

Beware on the neuropathy.org site....very good information there - but it's a VERY depressing place to be. I finally had to stop going because it made me SO sad. They have so many people who have pain and health issues that are far beyond anything I can even imagine.

Sharon W on 10/10/03 at 07:53 (133362)

Wendy,

Yes, I know; they have peripheral neuropathy, just like me, but of course most of them have had it for many years and (of course) very few of them have found a solution.

Fortunately, it is unlikely that most posters here need to worry about that.

Sharon