Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Clarification from Crete

Posted by Julie on 10/08/03 at 10:53 (132794)

The problem was not 'political discussions'. The problem was that a few individuals began eight months ago to use this board as a political platform for the promulgation of neoconservative ideas, and in doing so succeeded in dominating not just 'political discussion', but all discussion.

This is not fair. It is NOT ON (shouting caps for emphasis).

Scott- there is no point in a vote. You are the webmaster. This is your website. You decide.

I am on holiday, so that's all.

Re: Clarification from Crete

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 10:59 (132797)

Julie and ScottR:
So if the ideas were not 'neoconservative' everything would have been okay?
Ed

Rick R on 10/08/03 at 12:36 (132808)

Julie,

I believe Scott has done as you have suggested, he chose to have a vote. Yet you tell him there is no point in holding a vote and that he should decide. I find your comments mutually exclusive, but that may just be me. I do tend to read too much into things at times. Take the term neoconservative for instance, neo means new, I think, and conservative has come to mean keeping the status quo, or in other terms, holding on to the old ways. I have trouble with that. See I told you I have a problem!

By the way, I believe that politics had come to dominate and detract from the value some of us saw in the social support board, and I'm glad Scott did something about it. I'd guess that's common ground we share.

Rick

marie on 10/08/03 at 15:52 (132887)

Julie,

I think Scott has made a good decision here. The Social/Support board should be a friendly and caring environment. I very much agree that the political posts did indeed begin to dominate. The problem was that the participants never felt any angst towards each other. I do agree that some guidelines be set. I have always felt that respect is something you give not demand. If we could remember that at our worst moments it may help foster that wonderful line of communication we have all shared at one time or another.

Hope your having a nice holiday in Crete. We will be anxious to hear all about it on the Social/Support Board.

Best wishes to you,
marie