Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Susan on 10/08/03 at 11:24 (132798)

Dear Plantar Fasciitis sufferers:
I would like to share with you, from my heart, my own story that has proven to be a life-changing event in my quest to overcome this debilitating condition.
I too, suffered from this condition for over a year. I did not respond to any of the many conventional pharmaceutical/medical treatments as well. . . , that is until I met Dr. David Fleming, a chiropractor who specializes in posture modification in Aiken SC.
We first met at a 10k road race I attended that my husband participated in, where Dr. Fleming was performing a community awareness posture screening and analysis.
Although we found significant postural imbalances, attributing to my neck stiffness and low back pain occurrences, my chief complaint remained Plantar Fasciitis.
Dr. Fleming, who had also suffered with this condition at one time, told me of a protocol he developed to resolve his own case and he offered to share this protocol with me. He told me his study under the leading research authority in posture modification has demonstrated and proven that the 'elastic' properties of the tendons, ligaments, muscles and discs must be addressed to make lasting spinal modification, also became an integral component in the plantar fasciitis treatment.
About this protocol, which encompasses a combination of structural, ergonimical, bio-mechanical and soft tissue techniques, does take a considerable amount of dedication and physical effort. . . , BUT, I was symptom free, for the first time in a year, after only 2 weeks. I've even been cautiously running again!
What has impressed me the most in this treatment regime is that it is directed solely at getting to the cause of the condition. (tight ligaments, tendons and muscles) I just want everyone out there still suffering, to realize that I found something that worked for me; that didn't involve drugs, orthotics or surgery; that has made all the difference in getting my life back. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have, I would love to help!

Susan Selden
(email removed)

Aly on 10/08/03 at 11:28 (132799)

Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting your story. Can you describe in more detail what your sessions with Dr. Fleming entailed?

marie on 10/08/03 at 16:00 (132892)

I'll second that. I'd like to hear more about what a seesion entails.