Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

This Is No Longer the Social / Support Board...look at top of page

Posted by Scott R on 10/08/03 at 13:41 (132834)

see the main message board home page for the new location of the social boad. yes, politics has replaced the social board, but the social board has been upgraded to a higher visibility in the boards

Re: This Is No Longer the Social / Support Board...look at top of page

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 14:07 (132850)

ScottR:
Things are sort of a moving target. Thanks again, wherever this post winds up.
Ed

john h on 10/08/03 at 14:15 (132851)

Ed: Is this not interesting. We now have the Other board and we are not discussing anything political. hmmmmm! why is this? I think it will take us a week to sort this out. Do not forget those people on the PF pain board. They need you help more than us wondering around the Other and Social Support Boards.

Pauline on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132855)

John,
How does a board for three people survive?
Sparringly*: Get it!

Pauline on 10/08/03 at 15:04 (132858)

John, I know you responded to Ed hope you don't mind if I chime in. I think this board will be very interesting to watch. Will it survive because of interest or will it die because of none?

One of the major qualities that defined the social board doesn't exist here. You'll need to create interest to keep readers. People tire of arguements quickly and move on.

Dorothy on 10/08/03 at 15:52 (132886)

Good pun.

John H on 10/08/03 at 15:54 (132888)

Pauline: Only time will tell but I think we do know that more people voted to keep the board open to political discussions than opposed it. The problem really was never politics. It could have been any subject. The problem as it developed was those who wanted to control subject matter and in the end both conservative posters and some liberal posters were not at all comfortable with that. As a very stong opinionated person I would be surprised if you would want to be restricted on what subject you could post on.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 16:43 (132901)

Pauline:
Be patient. We'll fill it up.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 16:47 (132902)

Pauline:
Politics and current events is not about arguments. There are important issues that can be discussed rationally, calmly. That will be the case here as those who go bonkers with each politically oriented post will, I assume, not be reading the stuff that bothers them.
Ed

John H on 10/08/03 at 18:14 (132919)

Pauline you are very creative so you will help it survive. You will not be happy to sit back and just be happy. You enjoy debate from all I have seen. You sure do not back off.

Pauline on 10/08/03 at 19:33 (132926)

John,
I'd rather watch you make it happen.

marie on 10/08/03 at 20:29 (132942)

That's because we're all to pooped out from being all mad and stuff. But hey now I know how to set up a discussion board. So I learned a new skill as the result of all the discussions. Can't complain about that.

marie

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 21:50 (132974)

Pauline,

Better chill a 6-pack.

Sharon