Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet!!

Posted by Aly on 10/08/03 at 16:10 (132895)

So! How are everybody's FEET doing these days? Haven't heard much about them the last few days. As for me, I'm about ready to apply for new ones; I was going to sell mine, but how could I possibly, with the shape they're in? Couldn't even sell'em for parts now.

My main concern with swapping feet is, what if I ended up with a really big pair, big, dark and hairy? As a petite redhead, it simply wouldn't do. Though, it would be nice to walk pain-free again...

Ok I guess I'm feeling silly after all the tension on the boards! :p

It's finally 5pm and I'm going home. Everyone have a nice evening, hope all those feet aren't acting up too much.:)

Aly

Re: Feet!!

Dorothy on 10/08/03 at 16:18 (132897)

Did you see the baseball player who is about 5'8 or so (don't recall exactly) and has size 12 shoes?? Now, there is a man with a platform! So, maybe you could make a life with big,dark, hairy feet... I don't know; the image is not good.

Aly, My feet have been very unhappy this past week or so, but seem slightly better today - for no known reason. I have tried 'doing' and 'not doing' and the outcome seems the same, at least this week. Are yours reacting to the ART? I hope you will be feeling better.

Peter R on 10/08/03 at 16:55 (132905)

Dorothy, I assume you know what they say about men with BIG feet :D ;)
I'm 5'11' and wear a size 13 shoe and extra large gloves. :D

marie on 10/08/03 at 20:03 (132933)

8-(PIPE)

best wishes marie

Aly on 10/09/03 at 08:18 (133027)

My feet have also been up and down pain-wise. They took a real beating yesterday & this morning (we caught a stray kitty and put him up for the night...I kinda overdid it) but I *think* they may be lasting a little longer / I'm able to be on them a little longer.

It's still at the early stage when you try something new, it could be psychosomatic (sp???) or maybe there's real improvement. We shall see...

john h on 10/09/03 at 09:41 (133051)

Aly a few years ago (6) I put a stray kitty in my garage. Since that time 4 more have showed up and each night they enter through the kitty door and have found a home. I even put an A/C in there for the hot summers and a heater there for the winter. Did you know that research shows that people with cats have lower blood pressure than the general population. By stroking a cat your blood pressres will actually drop.

Aly on 10/09/03 at 09:56 (133061)

I believe it! I would love to have a 'stray kitty motel' :) They're so lucky to have found you!

There's something about this summer - the kitty last night was the 3rd animal in the last couple of months. 3 weeks ago we found a Great Dane running in busy traffic - there I was, herding her into the back seat of my Corolla (She was so scared & sweet - luckily we found her grateful owners, but there are still big dirty paw prints all over my interior!). Before that there was the turtle trying to cross a busy street, who I relocated to a safer area. The people I work with are starting to think I'm nuts, but that's ok!

john h on 10/09/03 at 10:18 (133072)

I have stopped more than once to help a turtle on the street who could not get over the curb.

Re: To Aly

HilaryG on 10/09/03 at 14:28 (133123)

Hi Aly- I just want to remind you that it took atleast 6 or 7 ART treatments (at 1 treatment per week) before I just started to feel better. Hang in there. Hilary

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 14:48 (133130)

Put a hot volcanic pool in there and enlarge your kitty door and I'll be paying a visit to your garage.

Rick R on 10/09/03 at 15:11 (133141)

Wow feet now there's an idea. I think you should reconsider the big feet thing. I'm thinking Olympic swimmer potential. You know the old adage act your age not your shoe size? There were a couple of years there (a long time ago)where my shoe size exceeded my age. The feet stopped but the age has managed to march on at breakneck speed. I swam pretty good back then. As for the cat thing, the local cats hang out in the garage accross the street. It's like they're organized or something. My critter still thinks he's in charge. It's going to catch up to him soon. He's 13 years old which has nothing to do with the size of his feet. He just tangled with a fox a few days ago and thinks he kicked it's .....tail. Yea sure it had nothing at all to do with the 215 lb darned near naked man flying out of the house, at 5:00AM I might add. After all how would the fox know who's side I was going to be on? At least I didn't have a PF setback after this.

Rick

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 15:22 (133152)

A funny tale here - with funny visuals.

johnh on 10/09/03 at 15:47 (133171)

When I was 21 I wore a size 8 1/2 D shoe. I now wear a 10 1/2 or 11 D. I read somewhere our foot size increases each decade by a half size or something like that. Gravity taking its toll.

Aly on 10/09/03 at 16:08 (133191)

Thanks Hilary - it Does get frustrating going in there for painful treatments, so it's always good to get a reminder that it takes time. Turns out my provider has only treated 1 PF case, and cured it almost instantly - I'm quite an education for him. I hope that his lack of PF experience doesnt't affect my outcome - it would seem that if he knows how to locate & work out adhesions, it might not be relevant. But if I don't see improvement ultimately I may try another Dr. We shall see...

Thanks again :)

Aly on 10/09/03 at 16:15 (133194)

Ha! You guys are making me smile, which I really needed after a bad day at the office. Thanks!! :)

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 18:23 (133270)

I wonder if it would be useful for HilaryG and Aly to compare their PF when they began the ART - i.e. how long, how severe, etc. in order to possibly gauge the extent of ART needed...?

Suzanne D. on 10/09/03 at 22:48 (133323)

You're a good story-teller, Rick! And after teaching 25 years, I know one when I read one!

Suzanne:)

HilaryG on 10/10/03 at 07:10 (133354)

When I started ART I thought I had had PF for only 6 months. But 2 pods and an ortho all thought I probably had PF for about 20 yrs (that's how long I had been experienceing foot pain). So I'm not sure. I guess that probably doesn't help. Sorry about that. I do think respnses to ART vary a lot as far as how long it takes to work. I am now having ART done for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The practitioner told me it would take only 5 treatments. I am going on the 7th treatment and although there is some improvement, I am not yet cured (and I've only had CTS a few months). Hilary

Aly on 10/10/03 at 12:15 (133433)

Unlike Hilary, I didn't really have any foot problems before. My PF came on due to an injury to the arch where it meets the big toe pad (both feet). Over the following 2 months, the pain 'traveled' down to my heel. I view my PF in 2 stages: the initial PF I had from April 2002 - Nov 2002, during which I very gradually improved, to the point where I could be on my feet for about an hour without problems, and Dec 2002 - to present, which has been extremely debilitating.

I had a major relapse in Nov/Dec 2002 caused by really overdoing it, and following that I was reduced to using a wheelchair during my free time (I work at a desk, thank God, so the wheelchair stays home during the work day). I've had minimal improvement over the past year - if I'm having a really good day, I might be able to walk for 10 minutes without feeling desperate. So that's where I was at when I started ART.

I started ART on 9/26, so it's been just 14 days - I go for my 5th session tonight. Since it took Hilary 6 or 7 weeks to notice a change, I think it's still early in the process for me to be judging it. I've had a couple of good days recently but nothing I can directly attribute for certain to the ART. It's been up and down.

I've been going twice a week, but I'm about to start going just once a week, as Aetna says they'll only cover 8 chiro appointments; at $50 a session, once a week is the best I can do. That was good enough for Hilary...we shall see what happens.