Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

7 lawsuits against healthtronics so far

Posted by Scott R on 10/08/03 at 16:23 (132898)

7 lawsuits filed against healthtronics so far....it makes our legal system seem suspicious...like sharks smelling blood in the water and circling the carcass to see what pieces they can get away with

Re: 7 lawsuits against healthtronics so far

Pauline on 10/08/03 at 16:31 (132899)

Are any of them from Footlaw?

BrianJ on 10/08/03 at 16:42 (132900)

When an attorney is filing a class action suit, it is preferable to be the first -- or at least one of the first -- to file. This allows a better chance to gain control of the litigation and earn a bigger fee. Thus, once a suit is filed, other attorneys quickly glom on. No one wants to be late to the party. Eventually, the various suits are often consolidated into one large suit provided that they present the same facts and claims.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 16:57 (132906)

ScottR:

Wow. I am still unclear as to how there can be more than one class action suit -- Dr. Z had the same question. I thought that in a class action suit, a judge or the court must 'certify' a suit as representing a particular class so how can that be done more than once? You really don't want to start a legal board ;)
Ed

Dr. Z on 10/08/03 at 19:44 (132928)

These are all class action suits from stockholders who lost money in Healthronics stock.

Dr. Z on 10/08/03 at 19:47 (132929)

I am now dealing with a medical director from a healthcare insurance company who though that the Dornier epos was low energy due to his information from healthronics. Some the statement that Healthtronic has made about the dornier epos so ridiculous.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 20:48 (132950)

Dr. Z:

They came to my state to slam Dornier at our local Blue Shield. I was scheduled to be at that meeting at the end of Jan. 2003. The night before they told me not to come, that the meeting was cancelled. The meeting went on as planned without me. The had found out that I used other technologies and did not want me there.
Ed

Dr. Z on 10/08/03 at 21:08 (132957)

Well what comes around goes around. It is going to be interesting how cheap we can pick up an ossatron for at the garage sale. The problem is the dornier is a better machine !!

Dr. JB on 10/13/03 at 09:02 (133818)

Both of you are such losers. Get a life.