Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Schwarzenegger

Posted by R C on 10/08/03 at 17:42 (132911)

I'll start the friendly but impassioned political mudslinging...

Did you know that the name 'Schwarzenegger' means 'black ploughman'?

Re: Schwarzenegger

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 21:00 (132953)

RC:

Interesting. My mom is from Germany and usually keeps me posted as to what the various German surnames mean.

The thing to watch now is the team that Arnold assembles as that will tell a lot about the direction he is planning.
Ed

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 21:06 (132955)

Dr. Ed, RC,

He is a wild card. I would be very interested to hear more about how he is perceived in California. Gary's cousin lives there and does not like him... but she doesn't like Republicans, period. She seems to like Maria Shriver, though, and even she seemed to think that with Maria around there might be reason to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude. I think there might be a lot of Democrats doing that right now, but of course I'm not in California.

Sharon

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/03 at 21:14 (132960)

Sharon:

The CNN commentator, as the Kennedy clan, entered the room where Arnold was about to give his reception speech last night stated that the earth had just lost its gravity. The Shriver marriage puts Arnold in the Kennedy clan which is Democratic. He is a Republican by label. My guess is that he approaches things as a pragmatist.
Ed

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 21:16 (132961)

I should have added that his most difficult 'test' will be to show Californians that he can stabilize the hemorrhaging budget without raising taxes, which of course was a major part of his campaign platform. If he DOES raise taxes, as the Dems are urging him to do, they will turn around and blame him for breaking that pledge and you can be sure he will never win in a regular election!

Sharon

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 03:21 (133008)

I would be happier not to have to observe yet another 'Kennedy woman' smile and shake hands for an adulterous husband. I really don't get that.
I think I understand love, to the extent that it can be understood by humans, but I don't get that. And speaking of 'Kennedy women' in light of your Chilean divorce post, do you recall the Robert Kennedy son who sought an annullment of a long marriage with several children so he could marry someone else? As I recall, he succeeded. I don't get that either.

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 08:54 (133032)

Dorothy,

I lived in a Catholic country for 15 YEARS and I STILL don't get it...!

I am neither friendly nor hostile to the idea of Arnie as governor -- of course, I'm not in CA -- but I will be very interested to see what he does. I'm sure he IS a womanizer, as far as that goes. But then, so are a lot of politicians. I don't look on that favorably but as long as the women aren't underage and are WILLING participants... and no lies are told to a grand jury... I figure it has very little to do with their politics, just their character.

Sharon