Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Sharon W

Posted by Terry L on 10/08/03 at 18:57 (132923)

Sharon,
I haven't posted in a long time but I was wondering if you had good results with the drug change. You know what I mean... I've had a lot to deal with these days plus I changed doctors. The RSD is certainly giving me problems and the new doc has given me two blocks so far the first helped the second which I got yesterday doesn't seem to be doing a thing. I hope you are doing fine these days and painfree.
Terry

Re: For Terry

Sharon W on 10/08/03 at 20:07 (132934)

Terry,

The jury is STILL out on that one. Partly because of a DOCTOR change... long story, very boring and unpleasant.

I've worked my way up to the point, finally, where Topamax DOES help to reduce my pain... and it wasn't doing that before, so I am (of course) very happy about that. But I'm feeling groggy a lot of the time, which wasn't happening before, and I DON'T like THAT. I'm still taking 1200mg of Neurontin, anyway... and I still haven't reached a dose where I feel like the Topamax PLUS the Neurontin is controlling the pain as well as 1800mg of Neurontin was, BY ITSELF -- but on 1800mg of Neurontin, I would get lost in my own neighborhood, or forget my own zip code!! It's frustrating.

So I don't have the feeling that any great solutions have been found.

I'm really sorry to hear the RSD is giving you more problems; since we hadn't heard from you in a little while I had rather hoped that it was more under control. I know how frustrating it is to be in pain when nothing seems to work.

Hang in there, Terry. Remember it's always the LAST thing you try, that works for you...

Sharon

Re: For Sharon

Terry L on 10/09/03 at 08:50 (133031)

Thanks for the update I was hoping you were having a better time of it by now. I'm sure you are frustrated!! Not sure if the blocks are the answer to the RSD but guess time will tell.
Terry

Re: For Terry

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 09:48 (133052)

Terry,

I will keep a good thought for you. Please keep in touch... I'm sure YOU are frustrated, too!!!

Sharon
:)

Re: For Sharon

marie on 10/10/03 at 18:16 (133541)

Terry,

I hope that the blocks will work for you. I have been reading your posts and I know that you have certainly had a hard road. Keep the faith.

best wishes marie