Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to Necee...

Posted by Suzanne D. on 10/08/03 at 22:25 (132977)

I was so sorry to read about the tragedy in the high school of your town. (I saw it on the original social board earlier and hope I'm now posting on the right one.) How very, very sad. My heart goes out to her family and to the entire school population.

Having a very sensitive daughter in high school, I see how every situation is such a 'big deal' to her. It is easy for teens to think that if they aren't 'popular', etc., that all is lost.

I am so sorry.
Suzanne

Re: to Necee...

Necee on 10/09/03 at 00:07 (132995)

Thank you Suzanne.
I guess the pressures of being a teenager are much greater than we ever realized.

Necee

Re: to Necee...

marie on 10/09/03 at 15:53 (133176)

Kids are under a great deal more pressure then we were. It seems the kids are a little meaner then what they were when I was in school. Grades, social acceptance, and busy schedules have in my opinion have been more emphasized then ever before.

We need to really look at how we have created this mess and go back to the beginning. Some very close friends of ours son commited suicide a few years ago. They seemed like a happy well adjusted family. Aaron was a rough and tumble little boy...always on the go. We'll never know exactly why he made this decision. He was a freshman trying to live up to his older brother's academic and athletic ability. We knew he was stressed about grades and participating in baseball. For whatever reason Aaron decided he just didn't want to live to see the next day at school. In the middle of the night he went to the garage and turned a car on. His father found him the next morning. They were fortunate that the whole family wasn't affixiated. It was the worst funeral I've ever been to. I held his mom up while she greeted people. I don't think I have ever hugged anyone as hard and long as I did Aaron's mom.

Life goes on but we'll always remember.

best wishes to you Necee,
marie