Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My post is not a reply to any one person

Posted by Pauline on 10/09/03 at 10:48 (133082)

Here goes,
I didn't follow the entire infighting that brought the Social Board to a complete halt, but the main thrust of it's contents I think I got.

It really wasn't about 'politics' being freely discussed it was about mud slinging and name calling. It's wasn't about freedom of speech or true political debate it was about shock and awe and who is free to do it and who isn't.

Equality was brought up in one post and for all practical purposes that doesn't begin to exist on this site. How many common people here would be accommodated with their 'own' posting board?

Let's face the truth this is a site of 'Royality' and 'Commoners' and I think everyone that's been here for a while knows the difference.

One day has hardly gone by on this 'freedom of Speech' board where debate was to rein freely, but it's already crumbling away.

Maybe this new board should be called Dr. Ed's Shock and Awe board
because it appears to this reader he's not going to be happy here unless he can call all the shots.

Re: My post is not a reply to any one person

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 10:56 (133085)

Pauline,

I know why you feel that way and you do have reason NOT to want this board to succeed. I want everyone here to realize that and take your comments in context.

Sharon

john h on 10/09/03 at 12:02 (133103)

Pauline: From your past post I sense you are a very strong stand up person. It is hard for me to imagine that you would want anyone to limit your subject matter or speech. I want all the boards to succeed and have little doubt they will. I guess Scott knows the number of hits on each and every board and just from my casual observations both the social and other boards seem to be doing fine at the start. I am posting as much on one as the other and as always I post more on the treatments and symptoms board than anywhere..

Re: give it a rest!

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/09/03 at 12:55 (133106)

Pauline:
Give it a rest!

I did not ask for this board. It was reached as a compromise. We are here to discuss issues, not personalities so knock it off.

For the umpteenth time: people CAN discuss political issues and current events without being mean spirited, without personalizing things and actually be NICE. Some just cannot accept this and if you can't, please don't participate and make things bad for those for those who enjoy a good conversation.
Ed

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 15:29 (133154)

Ok, I'm lost again. How can I realize what I don't know what is being talked about and what is the context??!! Is it ok to tell me why Pauline has reason NOT to want this board to succeed? Have I missed something? Forgotten something?

Re: For Dorothy

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 15:41 (133164)

Dorothy,

I don't think you were even here yet when Pauline left. She 'slipped away very quietly' and without posting a big dramatic diatribe declaring that she was leaving or saying what she thought of anyone. But she left after a heated disagreement with Dr. Ed on the ESWT board, several months ago.

Sharon

Re: give it a rest!

Pauline on 10/09/03 at 15:52 (133175)

Ed,
One can only laugh if you and others find your response to me 'Nice'. I particularly love your kind words 'so Knock it off'. Nice, real nice.

Pauline on 10/09/03 at 16:01 (133185)

Dorothy,
I have no reason not to want this board to succeed. If the truth be told
I don't have any control over it although others might want you to belive I have some magical powers. It will succeed or fail on it's own merits, but I will tell you up front and personal there will never be equality for all posters.

If you look around you not just on this board---there is very little equality worldwide why should one expect it here.

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 16:12 (133192)

Dorothy,

...By the way, I really respected Pauline for the way she did that.

Sharon
:)

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/09/03 at 16:44 (133204)

Dorothy:

It has been an unpleasant two weeks of arguing back and forth. A compromise has occurred and I think it would be great to move on.
Obviously, some don't like the compromise such as Pauline and Judy and they have come here snipe at this new board. Judy, at least, deleted her own post of this morning. How long do some want to see the arguing continue?

I really think that it is enough and posters and readers would like to get back to a reasonable level of civility.

This board was created as a place for those who have been displaced from the 'social' board and anyone who wants to join in. It is not a place to snipe at. I think you are reasonable enough to consider my request to place the last two weeks or so behind us and move on to be fair.
Ed

Re: To Dr. Ed. My post is not a reply to any one person

Pauline on 10/09/03 at 16:56 (133208)

Dr.Ed.
What you are saying about me is untrue and unwarranted. I have no desire to argue with anyone, however, your reply to me I feel was threatening and I am merely asking it be removed.

You have never used those words or tone with any other woman on this board. I feel threatened, would like it removed and I not be addressed in that fashion again.

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 18:13 (133265)

Well, I will take that personally and leave it at that because I have been given to the 'big dramatic diatribe' and not 'slipping away quietly.' No need to discuss it further. I don't really think it's very interesting to critique the style of a participant's leaving or staying.
I meant it when I said that I do not understand the dynamics here but it doesn't matter.

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 18:25 (133271)

There is no reason to take it personally; it wasn't meant that way. The 'big dramatic diatribe' is a Heelspurs TRADITION; 'slipping away quiety' most certainly is not.

Sharon

Sharon W on 10/10/03 at 07:48 (133360)

Dorothy,

I've been thinking about this. I do owe you an apology for leaving you the impression that my remarks about 'big dramatic [exit] diatribes' were with reference to your upset post several days ago. The truth is, I was being insensitive... or I would have realized that is what you would naturally assume I meant. But your post was not what I was referring to.

Your post several days ago, while you were clearly very upset and 'venting' and showing your anger, was remarkably perceptive and intuitive in many ways. As such, it was well worth reading, and I would imagine that a good many people found 'food for thought' in it.

You were right about me, for example, on some of your points...

By the way, Dorothy, I saw your posts about sciatica. I know you won't read this until you get back from your trip... And I hope you will be feeling at least somewhat better by the time you return.

Sharon