Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pauline ScottR

Posted by JudyS on 10/09/03 at 14:03 (133113)

Oh my gosh! You have deleted Pauline's post! And it was not mean! It was laden with innuendo but it was not mean! And besides, I thought 'mean' was allowed here! And certainly Ed's 'give it a rest' comment was no less 'mean'!
Wow, this is truly amazing. How's that for imposition on freedom of speech? Even when Peter was making his awful comments there was no demand that he be deleted. And no one deleted anyone else either - Except Wendy when she deleted the violating political posts. In fact, as I recall, a moderator gave some folks a polite 'warning' about violating, at the time, the no politics rule. What in the world is this about?

I'll bet I can guess.........

Re: Pauline ScottR

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 14:10 (133114)

???

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 14:13 (133115)

Who has the interest, or the power, to delete anything here? Of course, Judy has the right as well as the power to delete her own post, and I ASKED her to delete mine... but... ???

Was this Scott?

Sharon

Dorothy on 10/09/03 at 14:22 (133119)

Correction to your statement: I did indeed ask that Peter R.'s post be deleted and that he be banned because I thought that his post advocating the stoning murder of a woman in Africa, following many of his disgusting posts, warranted it. It did not happen and I simply continued to ignore his posts.

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 14:26 (133121)

OH.... Read the Social board.

JudyS on 10/09/03 at 16:01 (133184)

Dorothy -was I absent the day you asked about deleting Peter's post? I looked in the archives but it's been erased. At any rate, I spotted that particular post when it was about six days old as I'd been out of town. Also, and as I've said here, I remember asking Scott's advice on it because I didn't trust myself to be objective where Peter's concerned.

JudyS on 10/09/03 at 16:02 (133186)

You were correct Sharon - I did delete the post that you requested of me. I found Ed's same request later and Scott, I think, had already deleted it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/09/03 at 16:25 (133199)

Judy:
The issue here is that of personal attacks. Take a minute to think of yourself as a new reader to this board and how you would view what you are reading here. People can discuss heel pain, social issues, politics and current events on the 'other' board. But, come on, how much longer do the arguments have to contine? Do a group of posters here feel so compelled to continue this and how much longer? We have a compromise and lets try to live with it. Enough is enough.
Ed

Re: For Dr. Ed

Sharon W on 10/09/03 at 16:37 (133202)

The problem is, every time a post is deleted like that, all the posts AFTER IT are out of context -- as you can see by poor Dorothy's confusion. The original post is gone and the responses to it sound really harsh and out of place. Deleting that post Pauline wants to get rid of actually sounds like a GOOD idea, to me...

You do make a good point, that we need to put an end to all of this. WE, outselves, NEED TO PUT AN END TO IT. We wanted to talk about politics -- so, LET'S DO IT! Argumentative posts really only have the importance that WE give to them.

Sharon

Re: For Dr. Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/09/03 at 16:51 (133207)

Sharon:

I agree with what you are saying but some don't like the compromise and have come here to snipe at us and disrupt the new board. Hopefully, they can place their anger aside and move on. I compliment Judy for her decision to remove her post of this morning but hope we can just continue without more argument. My philosophy includes a strong disdain for deletion of posts, irrespective of who does it. Your observation about Dorothy's confusion is understood and we will probably need to remove entire strings of such nature. Hopefully, that will not be necessary.
Ed

All I can ask is that posters