Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bad day at school...another car accident

Posted by marie on 10/09/03 at 15:34 (133157)

On my way to school this morning the radio reported an accident involving a 17 year old girl. The girl is a very popular and well liked person at our school. She pulled out in front of a truck and he hit her on her side. then the car went into a building. She is hanging in there. She was life flighted to a Toledo hospital were she remains in critical condition. She is in a coma. She had a severe injury to her head and had to have a blood clot drained. Right now they are just trying to keep the brain swelling down. just a couple of weeks ago she was the homecoming queen.

This reminds me once again to cherish the time we all have here. A simple mistake can change things forever.

I am here because I can use a little support. They just don't teach us how to handle tragedies when we're in college.

I'm glad to be here today.

Re: Bad day at school...another car accident

johnh on 10/09/03 at 15:45 (133169)

On my way to work this morning not far from my home there was a fatal car crash. I am still waiting for a news release to see if it is anyone I know. We are a small state and as of the 1st of the month had lost approximately 600 people in car accidents this year. Also so one pickup hit the back of another. Not a really big deal but the two guys got out and immediately their was a big fist fight going on.

Suzanne D. on 10/09/03 at 17:11 (133224)

Oh, Marie, I am so sorry. And I have a 17 year old daughter. That hits close to home for me.

I will pray for her, Marie. Do you mind giving us her first name? It's o.k. if you don't, but sometimes it helps me to remember them to have a name in my mind.

Take care. Teaching is hard sometimes because we care.

marie on 10/09/03 at 17:44 (133242)

Her name is Talia.

Suzanne D. on 10/09/03 at 22:38 (133319)

Thank you, Marie. I'll remember her.

BrianG on 10/10/03 at 08:56 (133376)

John, about that pick-up accident. Thats why I carry a nice, beaver made, tire knocker, and pepper spray!! :)

Peter R on 10/10/03 at 09:48 (133386)

And that is why I carry a licensed 45 cal Glock 30. It's got a little more kick than a tire knocker much more range than pepper spray. About 3 years ago when a driver tried to attack me after I tapped his rear bumper I let him see it in my belt and he said 'go ahead, if you take it out I'll stick it up your a**, so I put a round into the ground abound 2 feet to his left and when I leveled the gun at his belly he peed his pants.

Pam S. on 10/10/03 at 10:16 (133392)

Dear Marie:
I am so very sorry to hear about this accident. I will most definitely say a prayer. Warmly, Pam

Re: update

marie on 10/10/03 at 11:30 (133419)

She is still in a coma but is restless. I am told that this is a good sign. She also had damage to her spleen. She had a lot of glass in her face and had a big gash on her cheek. We are all happy to hear a tidbit of good news.

Thanks for the support!

Re: update

Necee on 10/11/03 at 00:28 (133583)

Sorry to hear about the accident Marie.....I will remember to pray for a quick recovery.