Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arkansas Fair

Posted by John H on 10/10/03 at 16:05 (133501)

It is that time of year again and the Arkansas Fair opens up. I want to mention a couple of goodies that are available.

1. Deep fried Twinkies

2. Fried Oreos

3. Cheesecake on a stick

Bet they do not serve those in Boston.

Re: Arkansas Fair

Sharon W on 10/10/03 at 16:08 (133503)

I odn't know but they do in TEXAS! I call it, 'cholesterol on a stick'!

marie on 10/10/03 at 16:26 (133507)

Sounds like my kind of fair! Especially the cheesecake on a stick!

Are you going?

Richard, C.Ped on 10/10/03 at 16:31 (133509)

Our state fair is going on right now as well. I went there yesterday with my wife and daughter (the first time in six years) and I noticed the same thing. Deep fried twinkies...deep fried candy bars.

Anyone for a heart attack on a stick. haha

ps...I did not get one.

Lari S. on 10/10/03 at 18:33 (133543)

Sounds like better 'fun food' than here in California. We have offerings of 'culturally diverse' foods, vegan, etc., with the occassional corn-dog-on-a-stick and cotton candy thrown in for the old diehards. We MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT, even in our fun. No wonder we're so screwed up!

Suzanne D. on 10/10/03 at 20:45 (133568)

Oh, those all sound good, John! I wish I did not like fried foods, but I do. My grandma fried just about everything - and in lard - and it all tasted so good. Of course everyone went out and worked hard on the farm and burned up a lot of those calories.

Suzanne :)

John H on 10/11/03 at 10:26 (133605)

When you go to the Fair Suzanne you just have to forget calories. There is no such think a a low fat deep fried twinkie. The twinkie man is one of the most popular places at the fair.

Lari S. on 10/11/03 at 11:42 (133620)

My husband is from Missouri, and apparently the more bacon grease you can use, the better the food. His motto is: 'If it can be poached, it can be fried.' I don't know how he can eat the stuff!!!

John H on 10/11/03 at 13:08 (133631)

Lari: I like your husbands thoughts. My wife is an organic food nut. I can search high an low arond the house and not find anything I want except organic peanut butter. Organic not fat mile, cheese, even organic orange juice.