Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hello again

Posted by Sandra D on 10/11/03 at 22:58 (133680)

I have not posted in quite some time. I was confused with all the hot topics and got tired of reading them. I hope I am posting on the right board. I just wanted you all to know that I finally got a good pair of inserts or ortho's. Have any of you ever heard of a company called Good Feet? We have 2 stores in my area of NC. I still can't believe I spent so much money on something for my feet. The pf has been so bad lately I felt like giving up and getting a wheel chair. I heard about the store on the radio going to work one day and decided I would check it out. This salesman did say something I did not like he really put down New Balance shoes. But he was not selling New Balance. I will keep you all posted on how the ortho's work. My case is so severe I have my doubts that they will make a difference. Keep me in your prayers and thanks for always answering my questions.

Sandra D

Re: Hello again

wendyn on 10/11/03 at 23:18 (133683)

Hi Sandra. If you do a search on this website under Goodfeet you will find posts from the past. I seem to recall that these orthotics are generally regarded (by the folks here) as highly overpriced. If I recall correctly, they are dispensed by people who have essentially no medical/biomechanical training whatsover. Unfortunately, they are an over the counter orthotic that is as expensive as one a custom one prescribed by a doctor.

Sorry I don't have better recollections on these - but I do hope they help you though!!!

SteveG on 10/12/03 at 00:17 (133691)

My impression is the same - the 'Good Feet' products are regarded as drastically overpriced for what is basically an off the shelf orthodic. In fact, their sales approach is highly suspect.

John H on 10/12/03 at 10:13 (133718)

I went into a Good Feet Store near my home just to go through their procedre and look at their products. Most of the people who seemed to be their were Medicade folks and this could very well be their primary target. They merely have you stand on a blotter and take a foot impressiona and give you a very good sales pitch. They go to the back and bring back several pair of molded plastic orthotics. Priced from expensive to even more expensive. My thought is you can buy a good an orthortic from a magazine for $50 as one they might sell for $250. I really do not know how they can claim they are custom what so ever. Their infomercials sell a lot of product. They also sell some shoes that are probably designed for diabetics and that will accommodate an orthotic. These are probably covered under Medicade if not some other insurance companies.

marie on 10/12/03 at 18:29 (133773)

Hi Sandra,

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I remember the day I finally caved and we bought a wheel chair. It was freedom for me. It takes a long time for PF to heal. Rest those tootsies. You are in my prayers.

marie