Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Photography field trip photos...Buffalo!

Posted by marie on 10/13/03 at 19:20 (133903)

Here are a few photos that some of my students took today. We went to Wing Haven nature Preserve and then to Wild Winds Buffalo Preserve. I thought a few of these were outstanding for first time photographers!

Re: Photography field trip photos...Buffalo!

PETER R on 10/14/03 at 07:26 (133930)

Very artistic pictures. Since you are in the Bufalo area maybe you can answer a ? for me. Is there any truth to the rumor that people who live in Bufalo grow thick coats of fur in the winter?

Aly on 10/14/03 at 08:21 (133938)

First time photographers? I'm impressed!

BevN. on 10/14/03 at 09:08 (133946)

You surely do have a fun job.Your students are sure fortunate to have such a great teacher to do such nice things with them and to teach them such interesting topics. Their photos are lovely.
Your kitties are cute too:) I do love the new social board :) Bev

marie on 10/14/03 at 10:24 (133951)

Oh yes we do grow very long fur in the winter. Especially when it's a full moon!

Re: More

marie on 10/14/03 at 10:33 (133954)

These were just a few...there are at least 100 excellent photos. We have been working on compostion since the start of the school year. I wasn't sure if they would be able to transfer all their knowledge to photography....they did a great job. Their assignments were landscape with architecture, deep woods, texture, reflection, and extreme close up. Four buffalo shots...close up and distant. We were in the midst of 150 Buffalo. Wild Winds has a bed and breakfast and horseback riding. The kids will go back they had a great time.

It was a beautiful day...today is rainy and cold so we got lucky.

Here are some of the other photos they shot...I loaded them on shutterfly so they can figure out which one is whose and make the final selection before I have them printed. All of these photos were edited in Photoshop Elements.

Link for group 1

link for group 4

Link for more of group 2

link for group 3

marie on 10/14/03 at 10:35 (133955)

Ali do you have any ideas what the next topic might be? Check out the photos that I posted under 'more'. That may give you some ideas.

Aly on 10/14/03 at 11:50 (133963)

Did you mean me Marie? I don't think there's an 'Ali' here so I will assume yes! :)

Maybe for the next category, we could do fall leaves (unless that excludes someone who's in an area where the leaves haven't started to change yet?) or fall in general? I'm pretty open to whatever anyone wants to do!

marie on 10/14/03 at 14:12 (133977)

Yes I meant you....that darned neurontin! I think fall outdoor/landscape photos would be great! I'll post.