Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Since I started wearing Alznner Orthorics

Posted by Sheila P on 10/13/03 at 19:37 (133905)

I have had a heel spur hurting me for a few months now. I also have flat feet/ I have been taking Mortion 800mg 3 times aday. Wearing a splint at night. With all this the heel spur still hurts. Two week-ends ago I bought a pair of Alznner Orthotics/I wore them 1/2 day each day for 3 days. On the 3rd day my big toe & the one next to it have gone numb/well like tingling feeling/ like they are a sleep. I went 4 days without them/still the toes are the same/tingling & numb feeling. Can this be from the heel spur or what? Today (Mon) I wore the Alznner again in my shoes.....(Because my heal spur pain is less with them in)

Thank You for Your Time
Sheila P

Re: Since I started wearing Alznner Orthorics

Thatoneguy on 10/13/03 at 20:10 (133908)

Could be that the metatarsal lump is putting pressure on your foot that it doesnt care for. Could be that the lump is in the wrong spot. Could be that the increased elevation is impinging on a nerve that serves the area between the 1st and 2nd mtp.

You could ask the professional that sold them to you but they dont have any selling them.

Good luck

Richard, C.Ped on 10/14/03 at 08:12 (133936)

Thats the problem with something like the Alzners as well as the good feet store..or whatever they are called now. It does not fit your foot. More than likely it is really a touch of plantar fasciitis or heel pain syndrome instead of heel spur. You can do a search here using the title of the thread, 'can of worms' to see what I am talking about.

Now...the 'orthotics' (I use the term very loosley) that you need really have to fit your foot and get you in as much of a neutral position as possible in order to provide the proper support. I would suggest speaking with a professional such as a DPM, Orthopedic doc or a C.Ped. Here is a link to find a C.Ped in your area.
http://www.pedorthics.org/framed11.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Richard

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/14/03 at 09:38 (133947)

Sheila:
It sounds like you may benefit from orthotics but that the metatarsal raise on the pre-fabricated devices you obtained is hitting in the wrong place. If you want to try another pre-fabricated device, consider Superfeet, http://www.superfeet.com -- they are more reasonable in price. Better yet, seek the services off a professional as Richard mentioned.
Ed

Sheila P on 10/20/03 at 19:36 (134758)

I have not wore the Alznner for a week now & still my toes are numb & tingling. Also I was told years ago by a foot Doc. that I did have heal spurs. He wanted to do surgery then, but I wanted try wearing a foot brace to bed at night. After a short time the pain was gone. Anytime I had the heal pain again I did the brace thing again until the pain stopped. But this time it has been months with no end in sight with the pain, until I got the Alznner. My feet did not hurt/my heal pain was much better too. That is why I cannot understand why my toes have gone numb with a tingling like they are a sleep.