Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by JudyS on 10/15/03 at 11:03 (134032)

Oops, John h, sorry about those Cubbies.....

Re: Oops

PETER R on 10/15/03 at 13:30 (134048)

Hope the BOSOX kick some Yankee butt tonight- and hope it's goodbye Cubbies
What a ELFOLDO they did last night

Bob G. on 10/15/03 at 23:08 (134091)

Go National League! Wish the Dogers or Padres, but will support the best of the best! If it's the Marlins, then it's the Marlins...hey, good defense, Marlins!

wendyn on 10/16/03 at 07:10 (134105)

I can't believe what happened to the Cubs.

I would offer to cheer for Boston, but I may be bad luck.

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 07:22 (134106)

Well the Cubbies continued to show what they do best and that is a classic ELFOLDO. Now lets hope the BOSOX whip the smug overpaid yankees. The only reason greedy mayor bloomberg wants the yankees to win is he sees green $$$$. It's time to let the yankees go to the swamps of NJ. Humans should not have to go to the Bronx to watch a baseball game because that place has long ceased being part of the civilized world. If you go there and see what appears to be a human and they are walking upright then most likely they are lost.

nancy s. on 10/16/03 at 07:25 (134107)

sorry about the cubs. if the red sox win tonight and go to the w.s., and if they win that too (big 'ifs'), at least we fans won't feel bad about beating the marlins.

it might help if they'd wear black jerseys like the marlins to look tough.

Kathy G on 10/16/03 at 08:22 (134113)

Well, it's quite exciting for Red Sox fans and it's all anyone is talking about around here. To get to a seventh game and have Pedro and Roger pitching for a chance to go to the World Series is a dream come true.

I had so hoped that the Cubs would win. The dream World Series would be the Cubs and the Sox but it's not meant to be. Too bad. Then it wouldn't have mattered who won because both teams, and their fans, would deserve it. The Cubs must have the most loyal fans in the world. The Marlins never even had a sell-out crowd and averaged 16,000 tickets a game. Their fans don't deserve the fun of a World Series. Ah well, it's only sports but it's fun!

john h on 10/16/03 at 10:01 (134119)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the pain of it all. The Cubs lose. Deep in our hearts we Cub fans knew something would happen. Our own fan reaches out from the stands and perhaps changes the course of Cubs history. The billy goat curse may be gone by a new curse has been placed upon us with fan interference.As all us Cub fans have learned to say 'Just wait until next year'! I hope the Curse of the Bambino is finally lifted from the Red Sox but beware Sox fans curses do not go lightly into the night.If I were you I would wear a wreath of garlic around my neck and place some bones in the form of a hexagon and spit on them. That may help.

JudyS on 10/16/03 at 10:17 (134120)

Oh no John h - not again! What a heartbreaker :( for Cubs fans everywhere - not that I am one given that they beat my Braves.....:((

You know - that poor fella :'> wasn't the ONLY fan who reached out for that ball......if not for fate, he'd still be anonymous B-) and some OTHER Cub fan would be in hot water /:)

JudyS on 10/16/03 at 10:17 (134121)

Bob G - the Padres NEXT year :)

JudyS on 10/16/03 at 10:19 (134122)

I'll be in there with the Sox also, Nancy even though I'm a national leaguer.......
I just can't see rooting for a baseball team that's named after a fish! :)

monte on 10/16/03 at 11:33 (134130)

Peter...What are you trying to say about the Bronx and the people there...I go to the Bronx and everyone is walking upright. Are you trying to say something about the people who live there? I hope not...In this day and age we are looking past that...aren't we?!

I apologixe if I am off base...but the walking upright description got my attention.

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 13:38 (134138)

Just where in the Bronx have you found humans- maybe City Island, Throggs Neck, Pelham Bay but if you venture south you'll find only drugs, drug addicts, hookers, car strippers, dealers of stolen auto parts, and every noxious business that only can imagine. There is even a plant that converts the outflow of the toilets in NYC into stuff that is used in Pa. to grow mushrooms. The stench makes the local residents think they have been moved back to their birth country. I guess the sewers of the world have to empty somewhere.

monte on 10/16/03 at 13:49 (134139)

Peter....'THEIR birth country'? who are you referring too....Why not just come out and say what you are trying to say without dancing around the with words. Is this what sports talk brings out in people? Their true ignorance?

You know, in the 3 years of being part of this site, I have NEVER entered into one single banter with anyone over politics or sports or any sensitive issues....but I think you are really walking a thin ledge here....be careful not to fall.

Re: Mourning in Chicago

Pam S. on 10/16/03 at 15:56 (134157)

Hi Friends:
We here in Chicago are in MOURNING!!! I am not even a huge baseball fan but my dad who lives in KY has been a Cubs fan for 45 years. Yesterday was his birthday and we were praying for a win so my husband and I could bring him up here for the Cubs first World Series game. We are just heart sick. The Marlins are such a tough team but we really thought we could do it this year.

That poor fan...How would you like to be that guy. Mayor Daley has issued a statement that it is the MEDIA'a fault if anything happens to him or his family because they should not have released his name.

I am in awe of these Cubs fans. They are the most loyal fans you have ever seen in your life. That's what makes it so sad. Do the Marlin fans care as much. Didn't they win this a few within the past 10 years and play in the World Series? I think so? We cared MORE!!!!!

Anyway, this is JUST a baseball game but I even got caught up in the whole thing. You should have seen the charming neighborhood around Wrigley. Thousands of fans everywhere. It was overwhelming. I will be glad when everyone stops talking about this curse and that fan. He just did what any person would instinctly have done. Try to grab that ball.

OK it's just a game...but my Dad would have been so thrilled sigh Pam

Re: TO : Monte

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 16:34 (134160)

I was never afraid of falling nor ever afraid of my opinions or what I have said- I think that you'de better be careful and not push too hard- sometimes those who try to make others fall wind up falling themselves. As far as 'birth country' I think that that's self explanatory- there are those who have come to this counrty from areas of this world that are festering sewers and try to emulate that life style here in the US and if you don't see that your blind and if you don't speak out against it then you're part of why it exists. Just a little insight to you Monte: to realize that a rotten situation exists does not make one a bad person- it is what you advocate should be done about it that could be wrong. I think that you, Mr. Monte, are an ostrich.

monte on 10/16/03 at 17:12 (134162)

As I mentioned before, I don't get into banter sessions. But I will say one thing, don't tell me to be careful. You made the remarks. I did not make any remarks about certain people living in the Bronx. I am aware of what exists around me but I would never refer to anyone as you did 'not walking upright'. That is just not called for.

Your post started off on sports and then wound up making remarks about a certain 'people' in the Bronx....that's not cool.

I am not going to continue this...I can see you like this and are a trouble maker...You can continue to write what you wish...

Oh...I am an ostrich? Not sure what that means...but it is definitely more name calling rubbish from you.

Take care my friend.

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 17:15 (134163)

Take care?? Take care of what my friend- That sounds like a threat- do you care to take this to a personal level- if not SHUT UP

monte on 10/16/03 at 17:30 (134167)

Take care means goodbye, so long, see ya....you know what i mean. It is not a threat...it is simple a phrase that is commonly used at the end of an exchange. You seem like a trouble maker as I said before.

As far as taking it to a personal level....what did you have in mind? Why are you such an angry and treatening person with someone you don't even know?

I won't SHUT UP just because you threaten me....But I will avoid this childish merry-go-round with you.

Once again...Take care (so long, goodbye, etc) :)>-

Dorothy on 10/16/03 at 17:40 (134170)

Monte ~ I understand your efforts, but I have suggested before - and will suggest again - that his posts just be ignored. It has proven fruitless time and again when people have tried to engage him in a reasonable 'conversation' and are met with responses that run the gamut from horrendous to obscene to unkind and angry. Others - and you - can do whatever they want, obviously, but I understand from your posts that you are dealing with plenty of healing issues and so would probably benefit from using your energy more constructively. Best wishes ~

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 18:22 (134180)

How come your post was so short Dorothy? You usually run-on halfway to forever.

PETER R on 10/16/03 at 18:25 (134181)

Now you being smart by changing you tone. Now all you have to do is take your head out of the sand and see the real world in all it's glory and in all it's sickness.

Re: Monte bad memory or fibbing?

Thatoneguy on 10/16/03 at 20:02 (134190)

Monte you HAVE engaged in many political and sensitive issues. You are most likely and alter ego name since you only pipe up to post some leftist viewpoint. You are keeping with the liberal tradition of being afraid to call yourself a liberal but free to label others as you see fit.

Thank you for not changing

Re: Hi Peter

marie on 10/16/03 at 20:04 (134192)

I know from experience that you are way above this kind of stuff. :( This is the board that has the nice rule...so could ya please try. Maybe you're just having one of those days. A while ago you told me you didn't get along with people all that well but when I read your posts on the ESWT board they are usually informative and verrrry helpful to many. Somehow when you post here I see this other person who likes to make cracks about where others live. Try to keep in mind that when an insulting comment about a place it really hurts folks. I know that you treasure the property you live on...and it has family memories for you and I know that you wouldn't take kindly to someone making a nasty comment about it. So please consider not putting down someone elses home. I have enjoyed many conversations with you...some a little more lively then others but I still enjoy talking to you.

Hope you have a better day tommorow.

best wishes marie

Re: Don't bother

wendyn on 10/16/03 at 20:07 (134194)

I have had a long day.

I have ZERO patience.

Peter - you have your own whole board that has no rules. If you want to antagnoize people - go there.

If anybody responds adds to this thread - I will just delete it.

marie on 10/16/03 at 20:09 (134196)

This is not the political board. Please go to the 'other' board for that stuff.

monte on 10/16/03 at 20:15 (134199)

Wow....that is a good one! You made me laugh. I am here to learn ways to deal with PF and maybe help someone with the treatments that I try...like RFL...I am not here to argue with anyone. I can argue just like anyone else...but I never put anyone down. I am an alter ego name? Funny...'Thatoneguy' does sound like a real name to me.

Besides...why would you chime in against someone who is just telling someone NOT to call other people names?

Plus, you are wrong...I have never been in any debate on the boards.
Thank you
Take care

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/16/03 at 20:36 (134203)

I don't know if it is clear to newcomers what the rules are for this board. Perhaps ScottR may want to consider posting them on the header.

wendyn on 10/16/03 at 23:18 (134235)

My bad. I was cheering for the Sox.

(Little betting tip - bet on whoever I'm NOT cheering for)

Re: The Curse lives on!

Kathy G on 10/17/03 at 10:46 (134297)

Well, it happened again. Those of us who are cynics knew that something would happen and it did. We can second-guess Grady Little's decision to stay with Pedro until the cows come home but they managed to lose it in the bottom of the eleventh. This, in a game in which they had a lead until the seventh! And some idiots :'> even stayed up until 12:15 to watch them lose! Oh well, there's always next year! And John, I feel your pain!

P.S. I don't really care which Board Monte or Peter thinks this belongs on!It surely isn't political and it does affect my feet when I get upset!

JudyS on 10/17/03 at 11:03 (134306)

Kathy - did I hear that Pedro talked the manager in to letting him stay in?

john h on 10/17/03 at 11:50 (134321)

Any pitcher with any macho in hime will always want to stay in. The Manager needs to be the 'man' in this case and do what he thinks best for the team. In the Cubs case I think the Manager left Wood in to long. He was off his game right from the 1st inning and we had no one even warming up. I need to stop crying and move on. We were beat by a better team and that is the way it is. I wish the fish luck as I am sice of the Yankees with their $150 million dollar payroll winning it all year after year. I think the Fish have a payroll under $40 million so guess who has the best chance of winning. You go to most ball parks to watch a baseball game. You go to Wrigley for an experience of a lifetime. Have you ever seen a ballpark with as many people outside the walls and on the roofs as were in the ball park. We have been losing for 100 years. We know how to lose with class. Go Cubs we will fill the stands again next year and the years after that. We are the Cubs.

Sidebar: Ron Santo the great Cubs 3rd baseman from the 60's and current radio broadcaster for the past 20 years has had diabetes since he first played baseball. When he was playing most people did not know but he was on insulin. Last year he had one leg amputated below the knee but was back in the radio booth. This year he had his second leg amputated below the knee and was back in the radio booth. This month he will have surgery for bladder cancer and I expect him to be back in the radio booth come Spring.
Last month the Cubs retired his number and hung his flag on the left field flag pole just below Ernie Banks and along with Billy Williams the only three Cubs to ever have their numbers retired. Talk about one tough likeable guy. Sometimes when I feel sorry for myself I take a look at Ron and I feel like a sissy.

JudyS on 10/17/03 at 11:54 (134323)

John h - the Yankees do get a little boring, don't they? :)

The Sox and the Cubs would have made a far more interesting Series.

john h on 10/17/03 at 11:59 (134325)

Nancy S: Curses do not go quietly especially in a state like Mass with a city named Salem. This is not political but ask the Kennedys.