Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spurs

Posted by Blinda S on 10/15/03 at 13:56 (134050)

I have had heel spurs for at least 15 years( at least thats what they told me) I had shots in my heels, did not work. The only shoes I can wear for a long period of time and my heels (both) not hurt are easy spirit or clarks. They told me if I had surgery that there were no grante they would not grow back. I've tried cushions from wal-mart but they don't help. I had them so bad I could not walk, and if I walked on my tip toes it pulled my skin and still hurt. so I was waundering is there any other thing I can do, or some great cushion,that is the very best, that I can use so I can wear other shoes. Than you very much, Blinda Schweer 817-426-2303 2440 Birch Ln. Burleson, Tx. 76028

Re: Heel Spurs

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/15/03 at 15:30 (134058)

Blinda:
The first thing to do is read Scott's Heel Pain Book on this site as you have yet to discuss any treatments for the problem. What else have you done for this?
Ed

Blinda S on 10/15/03 at 18:28 (134074)

The only thing I have had done is cortizone shots in my heels. And my doctor said that I could have surgurey but they would probly come back. So I just keep wearing easy spirit shoes, they help out alot. Thank you Blinda Schweer

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/15/03 at 19:25 (134078)

Blinda:
It sounds like you have been provided with little information. Scott's Heel Pain Book on this site will give you a good run down of what is involved in treating this problem. You do need to work with a doc that treats this regularly, like a podiatrist and is ready and willing to treat agressively but non-surgically.
Ed